PDA

View Full Version : Gun poll: vote NO

ned946
04-20-2010, 12:33 PM
http://cbs13.com/local/california.open.carry.2.1640701.html

gun toting monkeyboy
04-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Welcome to Calguns. A couple of things; First, please post more than a title and a link in your threads. Second, please use the search function before you post something like this. Otherwise the Dupe police show up shouting "DUPE!", as they seem to enjoy roasting new people.

-Mb

Sinestr
04-20-2010, 1:13 PM
Thanks for passing on the link, had not seen it yet.

Glock22Fan
04-20-2010, 1:51 PM
Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen it before either. 87% "No". Pity nobody ever takes any notice of our overwhelming support for the Second.

However, only California, North Dakota and Utah require that the weapon be unloaded.

Don't know about ND, but UT's unloaded means no bullet in the chamber. A firearm is unloaded for this purpose if it needs two actions before it can be fired.

Clicking the trigger twice is fine (revolver with empty chamber coming up next) as is loaded mag in the firearm but empty chamber, needs racking before clicking trigger.

And, if you have a recognized CCW, you can be fully loaded (condition 1.)

Hardly the unloaded we're required to follow.

ned946
04-20-2010, 2:24 PM
Welcome to Calguns. A couple of things; First, please post more than a title and a link in your threads. Second, please use the search function before you post something like this. Otherwise the Dupe police show up shouting "DUPE!", as they seem to enjoy roasting new people.

-Mb

Will do.
Could you post a link to the repost?

...and thanks for the welcome! :)

gun toting monkeyboy
04-20-2010, 2:34 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=292190&highlight=poll

It was the first one to pop up when I typed "poll" in search.

Glock22Fan
04-20-2010, 2:41 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=292190&highlight=poll

It was the first one to pop up when I typed "poll" in search.

There's a lot of forums here. I don't visit many of them that often. Are you saying that we should start the day searching for "Poll?"

As far as I'm concerned, the dupe police should stay away unless it is posted repetitively in the same forum.

Which is not to say that a cross reference can't be posted to the other thread.

DevLcL
04-20-2010, 2:49 PM
As of the time of this reply, 94% say

Hell NO

AndrewMendez
04-20-2010, 2:53 PM
There's a lot of forums here. I don't visit many of them that often. Are you saying that we should start the day searching for "Poll?"

As far as I'm concerned, the dupe police should stay away unless it is posted repetitively in the same forum.

Which is not to say that a cross reference can't be posted to the other thread.

This. Why are we always so mean to the new people?

gun toting monkeyboy
04-20-2010, 3:10 PM
This. Why are we always so mean to the new people?
Hey now. I wasn't being mean. I was simply warning him about the dupe police.

Ed_Hazard
04-20-2010, 3:24 PM
And by popular (or not so popular) request we have the aforementioned...

:dupe:

"Move along now nothing to see here, this threads a dupe"

Glock22Fan
04-20-2010, 3:35 PM
Hey now. I wasn't being mean. I was simply warning him about the dupe police.

True, I think Andrew might have been making an extended generalized statement and refering to the dupe police and not you. That's how I read it.

ned946
04-20-2010, 3:58 PM
Cool.

I did scan down the first page here and nothing jumped out and caught my eye. I did not take the time to search. What forum are polls of this sort typically posted in?

...and anyone care to reply to my San Diego CCW question? :shrug:

Aleksandr Mravinsky
04-20-2010, 4:12 PM
Personal favorite quote:

"Whether a gun is loaded or not, it's still an act of intimidation and bullying," Ammiano said.

Because forcibly disarming peaceful citizens is not an act of intimidation and bullying.

KylaGWolf
04-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Cool.

I did scan down the first page here and nothing jumped out and caught my eye. I did not take the time to search. What forum are polls of this sort typically posted in?

...and anyone care to reply to my San Diego CCW question? :shrug:

They are pretty random. As to answering your question on CCW here in San Diego I can say SLIM TO NONE.

gun toting monkeyboy
04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah, you won't be getting one down here with our current Sheriff. Unless he gets vted out, ot Macdonald goes our way, you are not going to see many CCWs handed out to any but the political elite.

ned946
04-21-2010, 7:18 AM
Yeah, you won't be getting one down here with our current Sheriff. Unless he gets vted out, ot Macdonald goes our way, you are not going to see many CCWs handed out to any but the political elite.

What about this Jay La.....? (forget his whole name).
Saw his representative at the Oceanside Tea Party on April 15.

He claims to be very pro CCW:

http://members.cox.net/ned946/Jay%20CCW.pdf

Glock22Fan
04-21-2010, 7:53 AM
What about this Jay La.....? (forget his whole name).
Saw his representative at the Oceanside Tea Party on April 15.

He claims to be very pro CCW:

http://members.cox.net/ned946/Jay%20CCW.pdf

Maybe one of the locals can put some flesh on it, but from here it does indeed look as if Jay LaSuer (sp?) is S.D.'s best bet for CCW issue at present, even though his previous behavior in that field hasn't always been beyond approach (he has backed legislation that people here didn't like).

N6ATF
04-21-2010, 9:56 AM
88%: don't infringe the 2A
13% (combined): infringe the 2A

wadalaba
04-21-2010, 10:24 AM
a fantastic 101%.

N6ATF
04-21-2010, 10:34 AM
You noticed that too, huh? LOL

Havoc70
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
It's probably just because of rounding the percentages to whole percentages.

ilikeguns
04-21-2010, 10:39 AM
voted. 88% no right now!