PDA

View Full Version : The economy and gun laws....

MP301
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
A lot of us are suffereing from the crappy economy. Some have lost jobs or contracts, etc. It seems real dreary I know.

But what keeps me upbeat about the crappy economy is the fact that it is part of the reason that the country is becoming more and more pro gun. More and more pro self defense. Less and less depending on someone else who is not obligated to depend on....and now has even less of the resources that were already at unacceptable levels in most places anyway.

Everytime I hear about LE cutbacks, I almost get this warm fuzzy feeling. Now there are people going "Oh No, who will save us!"....not even realizing they were already in danger by expecting someone else to protect them. It tickles me to no end when the lighbulb finally goes off over someone's thick head.

It's too bad that the CA government is so die hard anti gun, otherwise they would have abandoned any attempts at new anti gun legislation. It aint cheap in litigation fighting a loosing battle. It just adds fuel to the financial fire. Keep it up stupid people, you are actually helping our cause in the end.

I sometimes hope that this state gets bankrupted into the dark ages because just like people in general...you cant truly fix someone until they reach rock bottom. And sure, you cant fix stupid at all, but you can sure remove it from the equation....

So hang in there everyone. Hopefully we will get some stuff done while we are trying to recover....

Robidouxs
04-20-2010, 12:20 PM
A lot of us are suffereing from the crappy economy. Some have lost jobs or contracts, etc. It seems real dreary I know.

But what keeps me upbeat about the crappy economy is the fact that it is part of the reason that the country is becoming more and more pro gun. More and more pro self defense. Less and less depending on someone else who is not obligated to depend on....and now has even less of the resources that were already at unacceptable levels in most places anyway.

Everytime I hear about LE cutbacks, I almost get this warm fuzzy feeling. Now there are people going "Oh No, who will save us!"....not even realizing they were already in danger by expecting someone else to protect them. It tickles me to no end when the lighbulb finally goes off over someone's thick head.

It's too bad that the CA government is so die hard anti gun, otherwise they would have abandoned any attempts at new anti gun legislation. It aint cheap in litigation fighting a loosing battle. It just adds fuel to the financial fire. Keep it up stupid people, you are actually helping our cause in the end.

I sometimes hope that this state gets bankrupted into the dark ages because just like people in general...you cant truly fix someone until they reach rock bottom. And sure, you cant fix stupid at all, but you can sure remove it from the equation....

So hang in there everyone. Hopefully we will get some stuff done while we are trying to recover....

Keep an eye on Oakland, in June, once they attempt to fix the current budget quagmire they have managed to land themselves in. I recall the city council, back in February, indicating that the budgetary cuts they were initiating best characterized as being "minuscule" and only meant to carry the city until the June. They stressed that the fun (sarcasm) of cutting the budget of the city would commence. Taking the city council's own words on the services they had to cut, they would cut police and fire services in the city.

Legasat
04-20-2010, 12:23 PM
It's a sad state of affairs for sure. As the rest of the country starts to wake up, I can only hope it will trickle into the Calfornia Legislature as well.

Robidouxs
04-20-2010, 12:27 PM
It's a sad state of affairs for sure. As the rest of the country starts to wake up, I can only hope it will trickle into the Calfornia Legislature as well.

Just looking months down the road to elections within the state of California and in the nation I have gotten the general sense from friends throughout the country that there will be a swing politically away the current flavor of government.

MP301
04-20-2010, 3:41 PM
Yeah, Oaklander might be the only safe (safer anyway) person in Oakland in June!