PDA

View Full Version : LOC/UOC and CCW

thebronze
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
If given the choice between legal LOC/UOC and CCW, which would you pick?

This isn't a poll about the 2nd Amendment, current laws, etc. It's just a poll to see which one you'd pick, if given the option between the two.

NiteQwill
04-19-2010, 10:53 PM
In this order

1. CCW
2. LOC
3. crickets chirping

Oh, wait... there's a 3rd option?

thebronze
04-19-2010, 10:54 PM
In this order

1. CCW
2. LOC
3. crickets chirping

Oh, wait... there's a 3rd option?

LOL! Nope, only two.

demnogis
04-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Where's option 3?

Constitutional Carry.

quick draw mcgraw
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
CCW, no question!

thebronze
04-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Where's option 3?

Constitutional Carry.

Go back and re-read the post.

quick draw mcgraw
04-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Where's option 3?

Constitutional Carry.

LOL!!

C-onstitutional
C-arry
W-eapon

Good stuff

NiteQwill
04-19-2010, 11:02 PM
There's a vast difference, IMO, between UOC and LOC.

thebronze
04-19-2010, 11:08 PM
There's a vast difference, IMO, between UOC and LOC.

Would you prefer Open Carry vs. CCW?

NiteQwill
04-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Would you prefer Open Carry vs. CCW?

Then you should have said "open" carry.

I voted.

limitdown
04-19-2010, 11:19 PM
CCW for sure.
OC would scare people when I walk around....and my wife probably wouldn't want all the leering eyes

thebronze
04-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Then you should have said "open" carry.

I voted.

Loaded Open Carry/Unloaded Open Carry

What don't you understand?

bigstick61
04-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Open carry. I can carry much more confortably openly, especially with what I have right now (and upgrading is financially speaking out of the question) and how I dress. However, the law would have to be written so that flap holsters and things like partial coverage by a shirt or jacket not be considered concealed. Open carry tends not to require permitage, so that is a plus as well.

I would like both. There is a time and place for each.

Havoc70
04-20-2010, 5:15 AM
I would prefer loaded open carry, so my vote for that is for LOC not UOC.

NiteQwill
04-20-2010, 5:29 AM
Loaded Open Carry/Unloaded Open Carry

Obviously you don't know the difference between UOC and LOC. They are apples and oranges.

Sinixstar
04-20-2010, 5:29 AM
where is the 'all of the above' option?

Havoc70
04-20-2010, 5:30 AM
where is the 'all of the above' option?

That's even better :).

BusBoy
04-20-2010, 5:35 AM
Obviously you don't know the difference between UOC and LOC. They are apples and oranges.

Gotta admit...
UOC = Moon
LOC = Sun
There are VAST distances between the two. Heh... and I guess CCW would then be... HEAVEN and I hope I'm not dead and gone before I see it! :D

Decoligny
04-20-2010, 6:53 AM
So, would you rather have your right hand, or your left hand cut off?

Kind of a Hobson's choice there.

Which way would you like your 2A rights violated?

I am in full agreement with Constitutional Carry. 3 states down, 47 to go.

PaperPuncher
04-20-2010, 7:12 AM
Without a doubt CCW. I have always enjoyed the look on people's faces when I have planned a surprise party for them. I imagine this would go down in much the same fashion.

GutPunch
04-20-2010, 7:17 AM
I'd rather be able to conceal the fact I have the ability to stop a situation. However, I think the constitution is clear that ANY form of carry should be legal.

a1c
04-20-2010, 7:31 AM
I'd rather be able to conceal the fact I have the ability to stop a situation. However, I think the constitution is clear that ANY form of carry should be legal.

I think there are upcoming cases that might clear that up. However, even Scalia seems to think that CCW is not protected by the Second Amendment. But since some state legislatures (this one being one of them) probably don't want to see too many OCers... this is why some are hoping CA will eventually become a shall-issue state in all of its counties. Who knows, they might even take away the sheriff's authority to issue those permits again, and make it a Sacramento decision. I hope not.

cineski
04-20-2010, 7:34 AM
While I agree w/ Constitutional Carry, it's not going to happen in California. Not yet, anyway. Heck, in gun toting freedom loving Texas one must CCW. That said, CCW is the best option IMO if there had to be a choice. Why on earth do I want people in public to know I'm armed? Same with the anti-gun police in CA who sometimes harass open carriers. I just don't want to draw attention to myself as it's a private matter.

BluNorthern
04-20-2010, 7:49 AM
CCW... Why advertise the fact that I'm carrying? Discrete works for me, and I'm not likely to have any problems with meek citizens or LEO's that they may call.

Sinixstar
04-20-2010, 9:35 AM
I think there are upcoming cases that might clear that up. However, even Scalia seems to think that CCW is not protected by the Second Amendment. But since some state legislatures (this one being one of them) probably don't want to see too many OCers... this is why some are hoping CA will eventually become a shall-issue state in all of its counties. Who knows, they might even take away the sheriff's authority to issue those permits again, and make it a Sacramento decision. I hope not.

that's the easiest way to seriously throw a monkey wrench into the CCW process.
Make it all go through 1 central office. Give that office an obscenely small staff that has no motivation to actually work. Now just make the background check process chock full of forms in quadruplicate, and before you know it - you have an over 1 year backlog of permit requests. Because of all those permit requests, well gee - we're so swamped here, we really need to generate money to offset all the work these guys are doing. We're going to have to implement a $500 application fee, and a $100 finger print fee for each application.

I think you see where i'm going with this...

GuyW
04-20-2010, 9:38 AM
LOC for all law-abiding citizens and no steenkin' permits......shall-issue CCW will naturally follow from there....

MP301
04-20-2010, 10:37 AM
CCW for sure.
OC would scare people when I walk around....and my wife probably wouldn't want all the leering eyes

This is only because folks are not used to seeing guns here. People can get used to anything...even public hangings. Look at states like AZ. People dont wet down their legs at the sight of OCed guns....unless they are visiting from CA!

I prefer CCW most of the time because I am aware of my surroundings and I like the surprise factor. However, I am just as happy if I had to OC (if there were not stupid restrictions on where you can can OC)...preferably loaded because its easier, but would UOC if that is all I had available...beats a poke in the *** with a sharp stick. If you too much of a weenie to learn how to lock and load within a second or two, then yeah...id say you probably shouldnt UOC...

Notcie all of the gun law trends in other states. Baby steps. We can do get this done and eventually get Vermont,Alaska, Arizona carry down the road...but it wont happen out of the gate...

KylaGWolf
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I voted for OC. Now before I get slammed by the CCW crowd personally I would love both CCW and OC choice. But the chances of that in this state is slim to none since our legislators are bent on ripping all gun rights out of this state. And before we get in to the whole its all UOC fault. Think about this:

What makes anyone think that this will be where they stop. If they win on this latest round of banning rights they will start picking away at CCW I will almost bet on it. They will make sure that you cannot CCW near a school, then it will be anywhere that serves alcohol then they will put parks and beaches, oh then maybe malls. Or they may do like Texas and make it that IF you print (or imprint) you can and will be charged with brandishment. So lets just hope that we get a favorable ruling on McDonald and then we can start hitting them hard to regain all our rights here in CA.

You can dislike UOC/LOC all you want and that is fine but don't throw everyone in to the same category just because you don't agree with them. For now lets all just dig in and fight them and beat them at their own game. One in the courts as soon as we can, two at the ballot box, three getting the word out to our friends and family to vote for those that are less damaging to our state and country.

For those that think we don't stand a chance....that could change come November it may not, only time will tell on that one BUT I say do what we can now at being public in the outcry on how wrong some of this legislation is. And well that means getting involved. now I wouldn't mind being more public but I suck at writing and well I would need help in coming up with a statement.

KylaGWolf
04-20-2010, 10:38 PM
CCW... Why advertise the fact that I'm carrying? Discrete works for me, and I'm not likely to have any problems with meek citizens or LEO's that they may call.

Well then convince clothes designers for women to NOT make things three times smaller than they need be and it could be more discreet. It would be next to impossible for me as a female to carry unless I want to wear a really baggy T-shirt (which I have been known to do) and even then its iffy because they think that a woman's pant needs to be spray painted on to "look good".

hollabillz
04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
If you too much of a weenie to learn how to lock and load within a second or two, then yeah...id say you probably shouldnt UOC...

Or if you have an ounce of common sense.

But yeah, I might as well try to make a sense of a poll that asks which city would you rather live in if you were trying to avoid violent crime:

- Palo Alto / East Palo Alto
- Redwood City

What? EPA and PA are practically the same thing... :rolleyes:

gunpower500
04-21-2010, 1:04 AM
CCW for me. I'm not comfortable letting other people know that i'm armed. I like to fly under the radar. I will run first and only use deadly force as a last result anyway...

N6ATF
04-21-2010, 9:43 AM
Not this poll for the umpteenth time...

BEARING ARMS.

AMDG
04-21-2010, 9:51 AM
CCW.

Window_Seat
04-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Option 1: CCW
Option 2: LOC/LOC

No, I didn't make a mistake. I'm against UOC because the purpose of bearing arms outside the home in any form is defeated without the gun being loaded AND chambered, is it not? If carry is legal, it should be loaded and chambered carry.

Erik.

MudCamper
04-21-2010, 11:16 AM
As is typical in most polls, there are not enough options.

My answer is both.

There are times and places for both CC and OC.

windrider
04-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I want both, if I want to put on a suit and a shoulder holster I want to be able to, If I want to put on a leg holster and go ride a motorcycle I want to be able to do it.

Legasat
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
CCW for sure. I don't want the bad guys knowing whether I am carrying or not. Then I can give them a big surprise when I "take their picture".

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/G2034/SmileGun.jpg

audiophil2
04-21-2010, 2:24 PM
I did not vote since choosing one would cut my current options in half.

I OC more often now that it is getting warmer outside. I wonder how many of the poll voters realize that OC can be almost as discrete as CCW. When you go about your daily routines you will notice people really don't look at each other's hip's when out and about. The popularity of Blackberry's and other large phones that require a holster style rig helps desensitize people from looking in that area. It seems only gun owners are looking for printing or holsters, while the public is too busy looking for bargains.