PDA

View Full Version : anybody fishing salmon monterey bay ect?

bigboarstopper
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Ive been going every weekend for the last 2 weeks. Anybody else?

duckman1
04-20-2010, 7:51 AM
My uncle and father fished out of Moss Landing last Thursday. They caught 1 medium sized fish.

HogsWild
04-20-2010, 10:19 AM
yea got my boat in the slip April 3rd, been going out 4 days a week to the hole or drifting for flatties. now they extended the season cant wait for the bait fish to move in so i can start mooching, kinda over trolling 250ft down.lol

mrboma
04-20-2010, 2:14 PM
My two 6 pack boats (clients) are doing "ok" so far this season. The fish are not stacked up at all and trolling is the best way to cover ground. They are averaging 1 - 5 fish a trip, which compared to 2007 is slow (very slow).

I had the boats on the 9th and 10th. The 9th was lumpy and we drug around 6 lures all day for one fish that came up a 1/2 inch short. The 10th was "Victory at Sea" and we decided to have a crappy breakfast at Aldo's instead of getting our butts kicked.

Hopefully they will start to school up and we will see some consistant numbers, but for now I am looking forward to Rock and Lingcod opening up end of month. A few more degree's in water temp and the Halibut should also be in shallow.

If anyone needs a good 6 pack boat for a nice day of fishing, drop me a PM. I have fished with both Captains for going on 8 years now and have nothing but respect for either of them.

Regards,
Mike