PDA

View Full Version : UT Non-Resident CCW So. Cal

kicker72
02-23-2006, 9:44 PM
Here is the info for the class:

This 3 hour class is for the Utah concealed carry permit which is available to residents of any state. The course is $100.00. There is no range time for this course. Please do not bring any firearms to class. The Utah permit is recognized in 28 different states for those that are not residents of Utah!

Date: June 11, 2006

Time: 6PM - 9PM

1211 West Imperial Highway
Suite 100
Brea, CA 92821

All materials, syllabus, annotated laws, applications and fingerprint cards will be provided by the instructor. You will need to be fingerprinted, and your application will require your signature be notarized.

Here is a list of states that honor the Utah Non-Resident CCW permit:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming

Who is Eligible?

*Minimum requirements for application for a concealed firearms permit in Utah are:
•Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
•Proof of good character...whereas the applicant;
°has not been convicted of a felony;
°has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
°has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
°has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
° has completed any and all requrements of a conviction of any offense involving the use of alcohol at least 6 years prior to applying

*A criminal background check is conducted for all applicants

Private or group classes available.

Call 916-215-9148 or e-mail jim@alphasafetytraining.com for further info.

xenophobe
02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Jim is a great guy! His class flowed rather quickly and his presentation was very profeesional. Even though there was a lot of discussion, class was over in about 2.5 hours. I'd definitely recommend his class to anyone!

kicker72
02-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Jim is a great guy! His class flowed rather quickly and his presentation was very profeesional. Even though there was a lot of discussion, class was over in about 2.5 hours. I'd definitely recommend his class to anyone!

Outstanding, I am definately looking forward to his class this Sunday. I know this is short notice, but a great opportunity to get A CCW. Albeit it is an out of state CCW but if you like to travel, it does cover a lot of states.:D

HillBilly
02-24-2006, 8:23 AM
Doh!

I am out of town this weekend...Please get another one of these together soon if you can...I would love to take part.

Black_Talon
02-24-2006, 5:48 PM
kicker72 - you've got a PM.

xenophobe
02-24-2006, 7:50 PM
You get a really neat plastic ID card with your picture on it. Of course, the best part about it says you're licensed to CCW... Even though it's not good here, it'll be good a lot of other places!

Black_Talon
02-26-2006, 6:00 PM
Just back from the class. It was quite enjoyable. I got a cherry lolipop after I got my prints taken. What a nice treat!

Thanks to Jr for organizing this, and thanks to Jim for being a great instructor.

kicker72
02-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Black_Talon your welcome. It was great meeting everyone that showed up. Class was great, Jim is a top notch instructor and very professional.

For the ones who e-mailed or IM'ed and couldn't make it this time around. I'll try to get another class set up in about a month or so. Just keep an eye on the forum for updates.

JimAmentler
02-27-2006, 1:29 AM
Gentlemen!

It was truly my pleasure to meet each of you today! I thoroughly enjoyed teaching the class and the discussion on each subject. You were a lively group!

Thank you to all and especially to Jr. for organizing the class and Eloy for allowing us to use his business office for our classroom!

ASR
03-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Re: Utah CCW Instructor - Next class:
LA/OC Area - March 26, 2006

Jim,

Can you please give me more info. since I missed the one last weekend in Murrieta, Ca..

TIA,

ASR

Cobrarlc
05-01-2006, 5:06 PM
I believe that I will be taking the June 11th course. Any other SoCal'ers going to be there?

HillBilly
05-01-2006, 8:43 PM
where the info for the june 11th one?

sintax
05-01-2006, 9:12 PM
i'm interested as well. How long is the Utah CCW good for?

Prospector
05-01-2006, 9:25 PM

I believe it's five years.

JimAmentler
05-01-2006, 11:06 PM

Prospector is correct. 5 years.

JimAmentler
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
where the info for the june 11th one?

Here is the info for the class:

This 3 hour class is for the Utah concealed carry permit which is available to residents of any state. The course is $100.00. There is no range time for this course. Please do not bring any firearms to class. The Utah permit is recognized in 28 different states for those that are not residents of Utah!

Date: June 11, 2006

Time: 6PM - 9PM

1211 West Imperial Highway
Suite 100
Brea, CA 92821

All materials, syllabus, annotated laws, applications and fingerprint cards will be provided by the instructor. You will need to be fingerprinted, and your application will require your signature be notarized.

Here is a list of states that honor the Utah Non-Resident CCW permit:

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wyoming

Who is Eligible?

*Minimum requirements for application for a concealed firearms permit in Utah are:
•Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
•Proof of good character...whereas the applicant;
°has not been convicted of a felony;
°has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances;
°has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
°has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
°has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
° has completed any and all requrements of a conviction of any offense involving the use of alcohol at least 6 years prior to applying

*A criminal background check is conducted for all applicants

Private or group classes available.

Call 916-215-9148 or e-mail jim@alphasafetytraining.com for further info.

kicker72
05-02-2006, 4:16 AM
Jim, I moved all info to the first post:D

Cobrarlc
05-03-2006, 3:55 PM
I reserved my seat for the June 11th. See you there.

cnyankee
05-03-2006, 8:11 PM
thanks jim.....took your 4-30 class, sent off the paperwork, now just waiting..the class was interesting.. many friends are interested...will call the store to set up another class.

kicker72
06-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Bumping this back up for a reminder of the June 11 class.:D

edit, for spelling

jester
06-02-2006, 9:14 AM
I might be in for june 11th too, if I can get the night off.

Is the paperwork notarized on site? Fingerprints also? $100 only, no other fees?

kicker72
06-03-2006, 1:50 AM
I might be in for june 11th too, if I can get the night off.

Is the paperwork notarized on site? Fingerprints also? $100 only, no other fees?

They will have a notary and fingerprints done on site for an additional cost.

kicker72
06-08-2006, 1:15 AM
Last bump for this weekends class. If anyone is interested. It will be this Sunday:D

JimAmentler
06-09-2006, 9:51 PM
Just back from my daughter's HS graduation and on the way to Camp Pendleton. I will not have e-mail acess until Monday. So, if you want to get in on this class feel free to give me a call on my cell anytime prior to the class on Sunday evening. The number is 916-215-9148.