PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's finds.

gun toting monkeyboy
04-19-2010, 4:10 PM
Well, the local dealer is clearing out his back room. I picked up a Spanish Destroyer carbine in good (refinished) condition for $225, and 3 boxes of that German made 6.5x55 ammo for $5 each. Unfortunately I am tapped out now, and he still has other things that he has been pulling out to show me. Like a Remington Model 25 in .25-20. Still in it's original box, with the original parcel post sticker still on it. He was thinking in the $1000 range. I was thinking She-who-must-be-obeyed would have my head on a stick if I even thought about it. As much as I would love to have it (I have a soft spot for take down pump repeaters), I will just have to drool from afar. And hope he doesn't put too much more cool stuff out before I am in a position to buy more of it.

-Mb

TRICKSTER
04-19-2010, 5:28 PM
I know this is off topic, but the CMP boards had this and I thought it would be a great avatar for you.52955

echo1
04-19-2010, 6:25 PM
"She-who-must-be-obeyed"

You're killing me with that.

gun toting monkeyboy
04-19-2010, 6:59 PM
Ok, I'll give it a try...

mls343
04-19-2010, 7:46 PM
LOL, I figured you would do something like this, Trickster!

Stryfe76
04-20-2010, 2:09 PM
Well, the local dealer is clearing out his back room. I picked up a Spanish Destroyer carbine in good (refinished) condition for $225, and 3 boxes of that German made 6.5x55 ammo for $5 each. Unfortunately I am tapped out now, and he still has other things that he has been pulling out to show me. Like a Remington Model 25 in .25-20. Still in it's original box, with the original parcel post sticker still on it. He was thinking in the $1000 range. I was thinking She-who-must-be-obeyed would have my head on a stick if I even thought about it. As much as I would love to have it (I have a soft spot for take down pump repeaters), I will just have to drool from afar. And hope he doesn't put too much more cool stuff out before I am in a position to buy more of it.

-Mb

Which dealer was this and does he have anymore destroyers?

gun toting monkeyboy
04-20-2010, 3:18 PM
No, he doesn't have any more destroyers. At least none that he has found in is store room yet. I tried to get him to sell this one a couple of years back after I ID's it for him and told him what caliber it used. He took it out shooting once, and decided he was going to keep it for himself. I was pretty surprised to see it out on the shelf myself. He evidently has a warehouse someplace that is the repository for all his old stuff, and his wife is making him clean it all up. I am personally hoping he has some extra arisaka bolts stashed in there some place.

-Mb

Oh, btw, it is Cal Customs in Fallbrook.