PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little confused???????????

Gunfighter01
02-23-2006, 7:32 PM
I happened to read the memo sent out by the DOJ today, and i'm a little confused. It said, the list is upgraded and you will have 90 days to register as an AW, but it will be in a new Catagory 4 and you will not be able to add any of the evil features. OK, so tell me,,,,,, if you cant add any evil features, then it doesnt meet AW requirements , hence why would you have to register it as an AW?,,,,,, and if you do register it as an AW, then its a registered AW already and adding evil features does not change its status as an AW. Now, am i missing something here?

RevTekniques
02-23-2006, 7:45 PM
I'm right there with you buddy! Hopefully someone can clear this up for us...:confused:

jtyoshi
02-23-2006, 7:47 PM
MEMO was thier "intent" statement

Nothing offical has happened....
Bwise already ripped it with all its flaws.
Need to search for the details.

TKo_Productions
02-23-2006, 7:48 PM
You may want to read a post I made regarding this issue:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=28100

I hope you find it helpful.

:)

Gunfighter01
02-23-2006, 8:11 PM
i still dont get it, if you your gun meets 12276 then 12276.1 doesnt apply, only when it doesnt meet 12276 then the added 12276.1 can apply, but in the end, its a registered AW, and if its a REGISTERED AW, then neither of them apply. But im no attorney and its just an observation on my part, was just curious what people are making of this. My thought is,,,,,,,adding evil features makes a non AW an AW, but if its already going to be classified as a AW, again Adding evil features does not change its status. All SB23 says is , adding these features makes a non AW a AW, it does not mention anything about being illegal to add evil features to a LAWFULLY REGISTERED ASSAULT RIFLE.

TKo_Productions
02-23-2006, 8:49 PM
i still dont get it, if you your gun meets 12276 then 12276.1 doesnt apply, only when it doesnt meet 12276 then the added 12276.1 can apply, but in the end, its a registered AW, and if its a REGISTERED AW, then neither of them apply. But im no attorney and its just an observation on my part, was just curious what people are making of this. My thought is,,,,,,,adding evil features makes a non AW an AW, but if its already going to be classified as a AW, again Adding evil features does not change its status. All SB23 says is , adding these features makes a non AW a AW, it does not mention anything about being illegal to add evil features to a LAWFULLY REGISTERED ASSAULT RIFLE.

You've summed up the whole issue. The CaDOJ seems to think that they can enforce a features based ban on registered assault weapons. Since there is no PC to support this enforcement, they're attempting to do it through an admonishment of our rights on the actual registration form.

I don't believe Bill has heard back, but we've got at least one attorney in contact with the CaDOJ questioning their authority and interpretation of codified law.