PDA

View Full Version : Got C&R package

Steelghost
02-23-2006, 4:02 PM
Hi, I got my C&R license packaged with all sorts of information and a letter saying I am now a licensed C&R collector. However in the package there is no actual license. Does this come later or what?

gunshack
02-23-2006, 4:10 PM
Does this come later or what?

Yep. Be patient, but call if it's been longer than 60 days. Watch for a little blue envelope.:)

Steelghost
02-23-2006, 4:13 PM
thankyou sir, I was afraid they had put in all the information and then forgot the most important piece of paper!

TonyM
02-23-2006, 4:18 PM
Hi, I got my C&R license packaged with all sorts of information and a letter saying I am now a licensed C&R collector. However in the package there is no actual license. Does this come later or what?

Curious,

How long ago did you send off the application and have your credit card charged?

Thx.

NRAhighpowershooter
02-23-2006, 4:25 PM
I was going to apply for a C&R.... but I don't like the idea of stopping by the SLPD (San Leandro PD) and dropping off a copy of my application.....

Rumpled
02-23-2006, 4:42 PM
nrahighpowershooter
You don't have to drop by. Just mail a copy of your application to the Chief of Police and you're done.
Though, it does seem someone posted a year or two ago than San Leandro (methinks) was against soming getting a C&R; thinking it was a dealer or something.
Just mail it, and if they come by; tell them to pound sand.

TonyM
02-23-2006, 4:50 PM
nrahighpowershooter
You don't have to drop by. Just mail a copy of your application to the Chief of Police and you're done.
Though, it does seem someone posted a year or two ago than San Leandro (methinks) was against soming getting a C&R; thinking it was a dealer or something.
Just mail it, and if they come by; tell them to pound sand.

Or, just send it to the Sheriff in your County and avoid the Local PD altogether.

PJA
02-23-2006, 6:21 PM
Tony M--I don't think you can send it to the Sheriff if you are under the jurisdiction of the local PD.
Pete

JHC
02-23-2006, 6:28 PM
When my C&R package game the blue envelope showed up the next day

supergimp
02-23-2006, 8:28 PM
Just mail the copy to your local LEO. I sent mine with a letter to the following effect (stolen from cruffler.com):

Dear Chief Localpolice:

Enclosed please find, as per federal regulation, a copy of my ATF Form 7CR. You are not required to take any action with respect to the enclosed form. If I can be of any service, or if there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address above. With kindest regards, I remain

Very truly yours...

My package of lit (Firearms laws, C&R list, etc) came almost 2 months before my blue envelope. To make matters worse, my blue envelope sat on the kitchen counter for a couple of days because it looked like junk mail! Pay attention to blue!

CWatson
02-23-2006, 8:28 PM
When my C&R package game the blue envelope showed up the next day

Same here.

CWatson

TonyM
02-23-2006, 9:37 PM
Tony M--I don't think you can send it to the Sheriff if you are under the jurisdiction of the local PD.
Pete

From the back of the Form 7CR:

"3. Applicants must submit copy 2 of this form to the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) in the locality in which the premises sought to be licensed are located. The CLEO is the Chief of Police, the Sheriff, or an equivalent officer, or the designee of such individual."

So, either the local PD, or Sheriff. many people in my area just went with the Sheriff as the local PD isn't quit as "friendly", even though they really have no say if you're not a criminal.

Cheers.

ocabj
02-23-2006, 9:44 PM
Just mail the copy to your local LEO. I sent mine with a letter to the following effect (stolen from cruffler.com):

Dear Chief Localpolice:

Enclosed please find, as per federal regulation, a copy of my ATF Form 7CR. You are not required to take any action with respect to the enclosed form. If I can be of any service, or if there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address above. With kindest regards

+1 to this. All I did was make a copy of the application and typed up a simple business letter stating that enclosed is a copy of my C&R FFL application that is being furnished in according to ATF policy. I didn't even bother to say that they didn't have to do anything in response.