PDA

View Full Version : Well it could be worse!

caduckgunner
02-23-2006, 1:19 PM
Look what they are trying to pass in New Jersey. Ban handguns!

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A1000/812_I1.HTM

Centurion_D
02-23-2006, 1:42 PM
Tell ya..it seem's things are gonna get a whole lot worse before it get's any better for us gun owners..nation wide. Let's hope I'm wrong.

vrylak
02-23-2006, 2:08 PM
Very sad indeed, considering New Jersey was among the first states to ratify the first ten amendments in 1789.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

PanzerAce
02-23-2006, 2:11 PM
actually, in this case, it seems to be more like: Those who ignore the past condemn the rest to repeat it

shopkeep
02-23-2006, 3:20 PM
hopefully this will create significant enough political fallout in New Jersey to discourage California politicians from following suite. Notice how this ban comes shortly after Prop H in San Francisco... coincidence?

blacklisted
02-23-2006, 3:20 PM
hopefully this will create significant enough political fallout in New Jersey to discourage California politicians from following suite. Notice how this ban comes shortly after Prop H in San Francisco... coincidence?

Also notice that other .50 cal bans have followed California's .50 ban.

shopkeep
02-23-2006, 3:34 PM
Also notice that other .50 cal bans have followed California's .50 ban.

I've mostly got my eyes on Illinois's carbon copy of Roberti Roos + SB-23 that's sitting in it's legislature gaining momentum.

bdcc11
02-23-2006, 3:41 PM
If I read that correctly, there is going to be a lot of felons in New Jersey. It seems like it's time for gun owners to get together and have a peaceful march and show the state just how many people it is really going to affect. The number of people marching would bring the state to a stand still because cars couldn't get on the road anywhere. Am I wrong? or do the people trying to ban guns not have a realistic idea of how many people really own them and hopefully won't just roll over and play dead.

Maybe I didn't read correctly since I got about half way through and could stumach anymore. Another play I don't want to visit. Of course I have never wanted to visit New Jersey.

stator
02-23-2006, 3:47 PM
Note to Self: If I ever make it out of Kalifornia, remember not to go to NJ.

shooterx10
02-23-2006, 4:03 PM
I only skimmed through parts of the bill, but am I reading this right? NO one will be even allowed to have them at all (no registration period)? :mad:

I guess since 'Jersey is a smaller state, their Jack Booted Thugs don't have a big as this state to cover. They can invade the homes of those who are suspected of owning any guns they deem illegal, warrant or no warrant probably.

You can bet your off-list AR lowers that copy cat bills will start popping up in other anti-gun states as well.

Kind of reminds me of the Nazi Gun Control Act prior to World War 2? :eek:

Charliegone
02-23-2006, 4:46 PM
New Jersey has the most violent city amongest its mist, Camden; and these morons want to ban handguns? That will make it A LOT worse. Camden would be a mini-battle field for gangbangers and drug runners. Yeah...banning guns sure will work...:rolleyes:

filefish
02-23-2006, 8:04 PM
thank god the us supreme court is moving right ;)

vrylak
02-24-2006, 12:08 AM
New Jersey has the most violent city amongest its mist, Camden; and these morons want to ban handguns? That will make it A LOT worse. Camden would be a mini-battle field for gangbangers and drug runners. Yeah...banning guns sure will work...:rolleyes:

Those who are responsible for taking the guns of law-abiding citizens and basically infringed the 2nd amend rights of US citizens must be held accountable and must pay their crime to future victims of their shortsightedness. There's got to be a hearing of some sort:

Judge/Congressional committee: "Well, Mr. (Gun Grabber's Name), how do you explain the fact that your gun control activities didn't curtail crime in many US cities. We were expecting crime to decrease 99.9%, as everyone hoped it will, given your glorious statistics before we enacted this gun control. Instead crime went up 1000%!"

Mr. (Gun Grabber's Name): " Well, ahh, your honor, ahh, you see it's like this, ahh, we took away Mr. Smith's gun because, ahh, because, we perceive him to be a danger to society, and ahh, it's for the children you know, and what happened was, ahh, we outlawed the guns but somehow it, ah, backfired and now the outlaws have the guns, and the citizens don't have anything to protect themselves except maybe some water guns and it was, ahh, a good thing that, ahh, we didn't confiscate them otherwise, ahh, that crime would have gone thru the roof..."

SkyStorm82
02-24-2006, 12:18 AM
You know.....I don't know how we "subjects" from CA always take crap in other forums because of our stupid laws. We're not the only commie state in this country.

grammaton76
02-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Mr. (Gun Grabber's Name): " Well, ahh, your honor, ahh, you see it's like this, ahh, we took away Mr. Smith's gun because, ahh, because, we perceive him to be a danger to society, and ahh, it's for the children you know, and what happened was, ahh, we outlawed the guns but somehow it, ah, backfired and now the outlaws have the guns, and the citizens don't have anything to protect themselves except maybe some water guns and it was, ahh, a good thing that, ahh, we didn't confiscate them otherwise, ahh, that crime would have gone thru the roof..."

You forgot to mention, "Can you imagine, with crime rates like these, the death toll which gun-owning citizens would exact upon the criminals on a nightly basis? It's a good thing we disarmed them, because otherwise a quarter of the theft reports we file would actually have involved our carting away a dead criminal. As it stands, we only cart off half that number in dead homeowners."

CALI-gula
02-24-2006, 1:05 AM
I suspect such bills and proposed ordinances like this will soon fractal in overdrive over the next two years as the tide moves back toward an eventual democrat president after President Bush vacates office in 2 years, which will have a lean-left affect on local and state elections as well.

The best thing to do now is to teach the Democrats, by facts and statistics, that they have consistently been wrong on anti-2nd Amendment measures, using specific recent examples of CCW laws reversing violent crime statistics, where shooting incidents (whether criminal or in defense) equally go down and CCW classes actually work to make gun owners safer with their guns. Educate people on being excellent responsible gun owners and not only do they exhibit better safe-handling techniques, but they also garner an awareness for a restraint of lethal force, the CCW classes often teaching when and when not to shoot, even having a cooling effect on hotheads that might normally, without CCW training, be trigger happy. Give me a CCW in California, and my restraint for using a gun is increased, as I do not want to lose my CCW license unnecessarily, and I have learned how to better gauge an incident of when and when not to foolishly "brandish" just because somebody calls me an ńsshole (which maybe I WAS being an ńsshole!).

Now if we can only get field-trips to the local shooting range for gun safety classes for 3rd graders... and actual shooting skills and classes for 6th graders... what a wonderful safer world it would be - better education and less school shootings, due to kids having a better awareness for gun safety and accepting the responsibility for the dangers of using guns foolishly. We teach sex education, drug education, and driver education, in order to keep kids safe yet the topic of gun safety is forbidden? No wonder there are so many school shootings in states that have them most anti-2nd Amendment laws!

Combine this with the need to protect our rights as shown during events like Hurricane Katrina, where sometimes a gun for self-protection is all that kept some folks alive, or how violent crimes are increasing in Anti-2nd Amendment states, we would not have to worry about party types. I am seeing a trend in many younger Democrats that have clearly support the 2nd Amendment, whereby some older Democrats are reversing their positions. It's the OLD democrats that have built propaganda laced careers on anti-2nd Amendment views, that now hold the mic and the top positions, that simply won't shut up and let up - they keep up the anti-2nd Amendment trend since they know they'll never be viewed and supporters of the 2nd Amendment, no matter how much they try (i.e. John Kerry "hunting deer with a double barrel shotgun" and trying to "pump" the action of a semi-auto shotgun for a patronizing media).

I fear worse for CA as the next Governor is sure to be a viscously liberal Democrat, to beat out Arnold, who while bad for us on AB50 (because of political favoritism to get his budget passed while perceiving it would offend a limited number of gun owners) still had the logic to reject numerous, horrible anti-2nd Amendment bills which would have received full accommodations during Gray Davis' term, Davis having been the known as the governor to have passed the MOST anti-2nd Amendment bills into law during his one and partial terms, more than ANY other governor in the history of the United States for all 50 states. :mad: