PDA

View Full Version : Check out Illinois HB2414... deja vu anyone?

shopkeep
02-23-2006, 1:44 PM
And to all the people that said, "California is a lost cause" and thought it wouldn't happen in there state... here is something that looks _VERY_ familiar in Illinois! Check out Illinois HB2414 http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/94/HB/PDF/09400HB2414lv.pdf

If this looks familiar it's because they took Roberti-Roos, SB-23, and the .50 BMG ban did a little cut-and-paste and stuck a new bill number on it.

xenophobe
02-23-2006, 2:09 PM
That actually steps further than California law adding "threaded barrel" and "bayonet adapter" as defining features... yikes!

vrylak
02-23-2006, 2:12 PM
Quote: "Sec 24-1.7(a) (3) 50 caliber rifles have been associated with significant criminal activity, both domestic and international, and that there is a nexus between these weapons and terrorist gruups, outlaw motorcycle gangs, international drug cartels, domestic drug dealers......"

Damn. Where do these clowns get their data? I didn't know that the .50 cal is the weapon of choice of these criminals. Guess they have all the bucks to buy these not to mention all the room to wield these around, especially on a motorcycle :rolleyes:

shopkeep
02-23-2006, 2:29 PM
Damn. Where do these clowns get their data? I didn't know that the .50 cal is the weapon of choice of these criminals. Guess they have all the bucks to buy these not to mention all the room to wield these around, especially on a motorcycle :rolleyes:

It's the saddlebags man... it's extremely easy to hide an M95 in there!

LOL!!! I just love the thought of seeing some biker riding down the highway with a Barrett strapped to his back!

Charliegone
02-23-2006, 6:08 PM
Man are they stupid. Do they realize that Norinco, beretta ar-70's etc are freakin rare and or extinct? Dammit if they have nothing better to do why don't they just say so..:rolleyes: Instead of wasting time on stupid legislation like this.

shopkeep
02-23-2006, 8:22 PM
Man are they stupid. Do they realize that Norinco, beretta ar-70's etc are freakin rare and or extinct? Dammit if they have nothing better to do why don't they just say so..:rolleyes: Instead of wasting time on stupid legislation like this.

Ahhhh Norinco, truely the mark of quality craftsmanship. Why with my old Norinco AK I could shoot amazing 100 MOA groups! Needless to say it was sold before the ban and I've only occaisionally missed the novelty factor.

vrylak
02-24-2006, 1:29 AM

That's gov't. That's what happen when they're overmanned. Plenty of time to twiddle their thumb. Heck, they even spend more time to discuss and vote on their next pay raises. Too, many chiefs.

There was a thread somewhere that somehow outlined what this 'particular dept you know who' does on an ordinary day and it was pretty amusing, if I recall it went something like this (this is not exact but you get the picture)

9:00 Punch in
9:15 Get coffee
9:35 Log in computer
10:00 Smoke break
10:15 Cooler break discuss results of Dancing with the stars
10:50 Check email. Forward JOTD to friends and co-workers
11:20 Bathroom break
11:30 Call co-worker and discuss where to have lunch
12:00 - 1:30 Lunch

1:30 Check email
1:55 Cooler break
2:20 Prepare for meeting
2:30 Meeting
4:30 Discuss what happened in meeting with a few persons in the meeting
4:40 Bathroom Break
4:50 Final check email Make sure meeting scheduler is up to date for tomorrow
5:00 Punch out

artherd
02-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Quote: "Sec 24-1.7(a) (3) 50 caliber rifles have been associated with significant criminal activity, both domestic and international, and that there is a nexus between these weapons and terrorist gruups, outlaw motorcycle gangs, international drug cartels, domestic drug dealers......"

Wow, that's the second biggest lie I've ever seen in a (perspective) statute!

Jarhead4
02-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Oregon has one also. It is Senate Bill 927. They have too many Californians going up there.

http://landru.leg.state.or.us/05reg/measures/sb0900.dir/sb0927.intro.html

elsolo
02-25-2006, 9:28 AM
That bill in IL sounds much worse than the CA laws, it's a "turn them in" ban, not a "keep and register" them ban.

tygerpaw
02-25-2006, 1:42 PM
Dont you just love the verbage in the Oregon bill: "Creates the crime of...." The ought to be a law against creating crime. :)