nbayer
04-19-2010, 1:10 PM
Btt

HkFan416
04-19-2010, 2:06 PM
PM sent with offer

XYZ
04-19-2010, 3:21 PM
Darn. I can't wait for this to get on the list. I'm saving my 2010 GSSF purchase for this. Awesome package.

nbayer
04-20-2010, 1:08 PM
btt

localguy
04-20-2010, 1:18 PM
Damn why are none of these in socal :)

CombatMP
04-20-2010, 6:25 PM
Damn why are none of these in socal :)

coz it's on the list in Norcal, jk;)

gbackus
04-20-2010, 10:59 PM
not thread capping, just curious as to why this is off list?

STiiBS
04-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Probably because GLOCK hasn't submitted it yet. CA DOJ has Manufacturers jump through all kinds of hoops and spend all kinds of resources (money) to get a Pistol "Approved". All this process is the State uses the "Safety" platform to basically extort to pay to play (sell guns) in CA.

gbackus
04-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Probably because GLOCK hasn't submitted it yet. CA DOJ has Manufacturers jump through all kinds of hoops and spend all kinds of resources (money) to get a Pistol "Approved". All this process is the State uses the "Safety" platform to basically extort to pay to play (sell guns) in CA.

My understanding is that this pistol does not have a new designation(eg rtf2) and will replace the 3rd gen as the "Glock 17" once current inventory is out(they are no longer squirting 3rd gen frames for the 17 and 22), so why would this still have to be approved?

STiiBS
04-21-2010, 12:14 AM
I believe there will be some changes to the Gen4 G17, maybe those changes need to be reviewed by DOJ since the Gen4 isn't exactly a Gen3. Just speculating on my part. You can never know how retarded CA can get anymore, especially when it comes to firearms.

nbayer
04-21-2010, 3:35 AM
the major differences i can see are,it is labeled gen 4 on the slide,it has a 200% bigger mag release which is ambidextrous,has interchangeable backstraps(3),and of course the guide rod assembly is completely different,and the slide and frames are not compatible with a gen 3,I.E. you cant put a gen 3 slide on a gen4 frame or vice versa

XYZ
04-21-2010, 8:34 AM
Here are some of the changes to the Gen4. There are some internal changes so this needs to be reviewed by CA DOJ to get approved. Also, the G19 and G23 RTF2 had some changes as well and they still aren't on the list either - LE only purchase or PPT for civilians. I'm saving my 2010 GSSF purchase for the Gen 4 if CA DOJ approves it this year.

Features dual recoil spring which should increase reliability
Features Swappable backstraps
Magazine release swappable between left and right
Old magazines still work, but only when mag release is on left side
Gen4 slide is clearly marked as "Gen4"
Glock will cease sales of the 3rd Generation and RTF models

My understanding is that this pistol does not have a new designation(eg rtf2) and will replace the 3rd gen as the "Glock 17" once current inventory is out(they are no longer squirting 3rd gen frames for the 17 and 22), so why would this still have to be approved?

gbackus
04-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Here are some of the changes to the Gen4. There are some internal changes so this needs to be reviewed by CA DOJ to get approved. Also, the G19 and G23 RTF2 had some changes as well and they still aren't on the list either - LE only purchase or PPT for civilians. I'm saving my 2010 GSSF purchase for the Gen 4 if CA DOJ approves it this year.

Features dual recoil spring which should increase reliability
Features Swappable backstraps
Magazine release swappable between left and right
Old magazines still work, but only when mag release is on left side
Gen4 slide is clearly marked as "Gen4"
Glock will cease sales of the 3rd Generation and RTF models

OK, well crap. Like I said, I wasn't trying to thread crap, just looking for an answer as I had an out-of-state dealer holding two of these for me once his next shipment came in, and as best we could tell they were on the list.

icedevil
04-21-2010, 10:47 AM
OK, well crap. Like I said, I wasn't trying to thread crap, just looking for an answer as I had an out-of-state dealer holding two of these for me once his next shipment came in, and as best we could tell they were on the list.

General consensus is that these are not on the list. Around the time of the SHOT show there were reports that Glock had submitted to have this added to the list as functionally the same as the gen 3 G17 but it was reported that this claim was rejected by DOJ because they believed there were too many functional changes. If this is true, Glock will have to resubmit the gen 4 as a new model, which means that it will need to have a loaded chamber indicator and magazine disconnect safety, a feature that has ever been included on any Glock.

Sorry for the thread drift, but it does mean that a ppt like this is likely to be the only way for a non-LEO in CA to get a gen 4 for a while.

OneApart
04-21-2010, 10:48 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=52837&d=1271641090

nbayer
04-21-2010, 1:21 PM
last bump

XYZ
04-21-2010, 2:26 PM
I'm really surprised this is still here. The Gen 4 may not make the list until late, late this year. If that. I'm holding off with my GSSF purchase otherwise I'd really be very interested. GL with the sale. Awesome package.