PDA

View Full Version : Embroidered Slings?

sniper5
04-18-2010, 4:07 AM
Hi, I thought I would ask the ladies on this one.

I'm looking at getting my wife a M&P 15-22 for a Christmas present this year and Dura Coating the stock and forend in her favorite colors (Probably dark blue with light blue rail covers leaving the rest black.) and thought it would be nice to have a 2 point nylon web sling with her first name embroidered down it. Does anyone make such a thing? Or is there anyplace where custom work can be done?

Steyrlp10
04-18-2010, 5:30 AM
Where are you located?

Sh00tFurst
04-18-2010, 6:07 AM
I tried googling around. Couldn't find embroidered slings in regards to guns. If I were you, I'd grab the phone book and look at alteration shops. They ought to know where you need to go or who can get the job done.

Now, off-topic but I did find this...for the Marines out there...
http://www.zahal.org/products/us-marine-corps-emblem-on-a-rifle-sling

Steyrlp10
04-19-2010, 8:14 AM
It would still help if the OP gave his location. CA is a big state.

M47_Dragon
04-19-2010, 3:12 PM
Hi, I thought I would ask the ladies on this one.

I'm looking at getting my wife a M&P 15-22 for a Christmas present this year and Dura Coating the stock and forend in her favorite colors (Probably dark blue with light blue rail covers leaving the rest black.) and thought it would be nice to have a 2 point nylon web sling with her first name embroidered down it. Does anyone make such a thing? Or is there anyplace where custom work can be done?

If you live anywhere near a military base, try to find a tailor/alteration shop near the base. Most of those places will do name tape embroidery for the military BDUs, so I am sure they could do a sling.

If that doesn't work, try finding someone who does custom camera straps or guitar straps... you should be able to find someone to do what you want.

sniper5
04-19-2010, 4:40 PM
Sorry, been working. I live in Ripon, right near Modesto, or as we laughingly refer to it in the ER: Meth-desto.

Steyrlp10
04-20-2010, 9:27 AM
Sorry I'm waaay out from Modesto, but there's a company in Benicia that does great embroidery work. They've done the polos for the PD and jackets for our bass club. As the other posters mentioned, an embroidery company is probably your best bet for the sling.