PDA

View Full Version : xp anti malware problem

wilson_wwsc
04-17-2010, 6:25 PM
I'm not sure how I got this program, but it is called XP Anti Malware. It is made to look like a legit windows program, but it is not. I stopped the process called ave.exe, and AVG detected and got rid of the trojan horse, but I cannot open .exe's. Even in safe mode, I can't do much. I found a guide on how to remove it, http://remove-malware.net/how-to-remove-xp-defender-pro-rogue-anti-spyware/ , but I can't get to regedit.exe.
Some help please!!
Thanks

wilson_wwsc
04-17-2010, 7:58 PM
great, now when i reboot, it says that there is no hard disk detected....

todd2968
04-17-2010, 8:38 PM
Same thing happened to me
Go to www.filehippo.com and down load malwarebytes it is the only thing that will help.
If you cannot run it you must right mouse instead of double click to activate programs even internet explorer.
Go to windows task mananger by control alt delete and stop the AV.exe every time it begins.

todd2968
04-17-2010, 8:43 PM
This program will disable everything stop you from getting on the internet suspend all programs and completely take over everything.
I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but my credit card number and ccw was transmitted after this virus invaded me

audiophil2
04-17-2010, 8:46 PM
I just went through this nightmare. You need a program like rkill.exe to stop the processes. Then run malwarebytes disguised as a pdf or doc file. Both programs will need to be run off a thumb drive or cdrom.
Try doing a system restore to a date you did not have the virus before you go too deep but it sounds like you are already at the point where the malware has taken over everything.

I was able to fix one computer with the above steps but the other needed a complete HDD format.

2DoorImpala
04-17-2010, 8:54 PM
If you don't have anything worth saving. Reinstall the OS

todd2968
04-17-2010, 9:07 PM
restore did nothing to help me with mine

psssniper
04-17-2010, 9:23 PM
carbonite

ldivinag
04-17-2010, 10:10 PM
download and install microsoft's security essentials.

i use at work to remove malware. probably 9 out of 10 machines are cleaned by this and nothing else.

wilson_wwsc
04-17-2010, 10:42 PM
got it fixed, thanks people. i had and have everything backed up on an external, but i couldnt get my comp to boot the windows cd. my avg antivirus removed the virus, but then the exe's wernt working, so i dl'd a exe fixer, and now my pc seems fine.

todd2968
04-17-2010, 11:10 PM
download and install microsoft's security essentials.

i use at work to remove malware. probably 9 out of 10 machines are cleaned by this and nothing else.

I tried that to but av.exe doesn't work

todd2968
04-17-2010, 11:11 PM
you should down load malwarebytes just to see