PDA

View Full Version : C&R what all is required to get one?

Krusher
02-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Ok, I did pay the 25 today, for all the fee's to get my rifle..

But I wonder what all one needs to do to get a C&R
and be able to walk in and buy off the shelf etc.

I would have waited myself, BUT when i looked at the
first rifle today there were paralell grooves in the barrel..

They checked and sure enough had one more in the back.
when it was brought out was still sealed in the box from centry.
opened it up and it was looking VERY clean!! (aka new not used or over greased)
upon close inspection, I question if the rifle i got today has ever even been fired...

I am highly doubting it as there is the ghost lines from the orignal barrel cuts.
I didnt see any dirt, debris, The grease on it appeared to be clean and a over all even coating not this globbed on jobs..

I also noticed not one single spot of rust at all on this rifle..
The first one had rusting on the suport rings which hold the stock to the barrel etc...

3/6/06!!!!
counting down!!

ok mabey with work ill have to pick up 03/07/06

P.S. total out the door 100.43
:D

Pthfndr
02-23-2006, 9:29 AM
To get a C&R call or write the BATFE and ask for the forms, fill them out and send back with money.

To be able to walk in and walk out of a gun store in CA with a C&R firearm you will also need a COE. That is obtained from the CADOJ and requires finger prints. A C&R alone will not do it.

A C&R will allow you to buy C&R long guns frm out of state sellers and have them shipped directly to you. It will also allow you to purchase C&R long guns AND hand guns while out of state and bring them back with you. The hand guns then need to registered with a form you can get from the CADOJ.

sv_sniper
02-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Pthfndr has covered most of detail info about C&R. Thanks!!!

Lot of CRFFLERs are usually acquiring C&R long guns on the internet. A lot of mail-order/internet vendors offer good deals all the time. The C&R long guns can be shipped to CRFFLER's house directly. It waives 10 days mumbo-jumbo thing.

C&R hand guns are with some restrictions. For those are shipped to CA, they should be transfered through FFL01. But the exception is, CA FFL03 holders can acquire C&R hand guns in person out of CA, then bring them back. Remember to report them to DOJ. I think it's $19.00 per hand gun.

Check my C&R vendor list here. (http://www.geocities.com/sv_sniper_2004/Curio_Relic.html)

Enjoy!!!:)

supergimp
02-23-2006, 9:37 PM
I'm a new CRFFLer and I think the biggest advantage is the selection of C&R firearms available without the crazy Kalifornia markup. The C&R dealers are available to everyone (usually), but when you factor in your FFL's transfer fee and such, the premium is depressing. Not to mention what local dealers charge (before getting my C&R I purchased a K31 FTF and I'm embarassed to say what I paid now that I'm in the C&R loop).

The biggest disadvantage as I see it is that there are so many things to buy....

madkiwi
02-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I was in a certain Bay Area gunshop/indoor range tonight and they had a K-31 for sale at $499.99. To say that the stock was a little beaten would have been an insult to a $109 gunshow Lee Enfield.

I just purchased a walnut stocked K-31 in "excellent" condition from Samco yesterday for $159. According to the boards these rifles are arriving in almost perfect shape. I'll let you know next week when the brown truck delivers it to my door! (Just love that feeling)

CalExile
02-24-2006, 12:57 AM
I have had decent success with multiple purchases, the thing that gets me is the myth of "hand select" at many vendors. I have a buddy nearby, I paid for hand select and he didn't on separate orders on the same day. His looks great, mine looks like it was used as a lever to get a vehicle out of the mud in WWI.

EOD Guy
02-24-2006, 6:02 AM
I have had decent success with multiple purchases, the thing that gets me is the myth of "hand select" at many vendors. I have a buddy nearby, I paid for hand select and he didn't on separate orders on the same day. His looks great, mine looks like it was used as a lever to get a vehicle out of the mud in WWI.

You are right in that many people expect more from the hand select process that they will get. All hand select means is that the vendor grabs the next 4 or 5 items off the shelf and sends the best of that group. The six or seventh rifle could be a lot better than the one selected.

supergimp
02-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I was in a certain Bay Area gunshop/indoor range tonight and they had a K-31 for sale at $499.99. To say that the stock was a little beaten would have been an insult to a $109 gunshow Lee Enfield.

I just purchased a walnut stocked K-31 in "excellent" condition from Samco yesterday for $159. According to the boards these rifles are arriving in almost perfect shape. I'll let you know next week when the brown truck delivers it to my door! (Just love that feeling)

Let us know how that K31 is.