PDA

View Full Version : 1891 Argentine Sites

doc1buc
04-17-2010, 2:10 PM
....suck. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a way to improve them besieds putting on a scope? Thank you in advance.

Argonaut
04-17-2010, 2:15 PM
One of my 1891's has a Lyman Peep sight that works great. Any peep designed for a Mauser works fine. Longer sight radius is always better, but I don't have a lot of trouble with the original sights either. I have 6,( I think) M91's and love them.

knucklehead0202
04-18-2010, 10:51 AM
i've got an S&K scout scope mount and a 30-dollar 4x NCstar scope. about the best you can do really, i can't shoot worth a damn with peep sights, better with the lousy original irons. i've got 2 91's and they are absolute sweethearts.

Palimino Stripe
04-18-2010, 11:50 AM
You could always sell it to me :D and buy a Mauser with sights that suit you better.

knucklehead0202
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
i've got a mildly-sportered '91 i might part with if anyone's interested. looks like the old century-type sporters, stock cut down a little, barrel a little shorter, slightly bent bolt. numbers match, the bore is pristine, and it shoots like a champ. i have 2 such and i don't need 2 is all. if i had more safe space i'd keep it, but i don't need doubles, i need more different stuff. not trying to hijack, just throwing it out there. argentines are great rifles though, 2nd of my favorite mausers, swedes being 1st. (i have 2 of those also). spend a little time with it and you'll get used to the sights.