PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good converter program

Rascal
04-17-2010, 1:21 PM
I just bought a new LG Chocolate Touch and want to convert some of my itunes music to MP3 to down load to my chocolate.
I would like to know of a really good and easy program to do this. It doesn't have to be free, I don't mind paying for it. I just don't want to have to buy the same songs over again in another format to use in my new phone.
TIA :)

JDay
04-17-2010, 3:57 PM
If you bought the music off iTunes you'll have to crack the protection to convert the files over. That requires violating the law (DMCA). That being said you can just do a Google search to find your answer.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=convert+mp4+to+mp3&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=convert+mp4&gs_rfai=&fp=bcdf8cbbf06dc4f

Rascal
04-17-2010, 4:36 PM
You are not actually breaking the law if you use it for your sole purpose. I am just wanting to use songs that I already bought from the itunes store to play in my phone instead of my ipod. This way I only have to bring my phone and not both the phone and ipod.
This is an acceptable practice, and what if I wanted to change platforms completely. Does that mean that I would have to throw away all the music that I already bought just to change platforms? I don't think so.
I no longer want to just rely on a single platform to listen to the music that I own.

I was hoping that some one here had some experience with changing platforms and could recommend a good program that they liked.

JDay
04-17-2010, 10:58 PM
You are not actually breaking the law if you use it for your sole purpose.

You are right on the fair use aspect, however circumventing the DRM is in fact illegal. This is why DRM is evil, the MPAA and RIAA use it to force you into buying another copy of your licensed content for each device you want to play it on. If you read the terms on iTunes you will see that you don't actually own anything, you simply have a license to playback that file.

This is an acceptable practice, and what if I wanted to change platforms completely. Does that mean that I would have to throw away all the music that I already bought just to change platforms? I don't think so.
I no longer want to just rely on a single platform to listen to the music that I own.

Like I said above, you have a license and not ownership. Now there are plenty of programs that will do what you want, they all work just about the same. Google is your friend.