PDA

View Full Version : Can any of the Ar's be loaded by stripper clips?

Kenshin
02-22-2006, 8:07 PM
What the title says. All I've heard of so far are break open loading Ar's.

ohsmily
02-22-2006, 8:11 PM

You have to be alot more specific...

For true unrestricted ar-15's, there are stripper clips to load the detachable magazines before they are inserted into the receiver.

For neutered fixed magazine AR's, some people have fabricated a stripped clip guide that works with the magazine while pinned and then regular stripper clips can be used. Of course, the action has to be opened to do this which is part of the reason your questions is confusing and unclear.

C.G.
02-22-2006, 8:15 PM

This is about the third time this topic came up in the last ten days, here is the info:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=24654&highlight=stripper+guide

Please learn to use the search feature.:)

HK_Fan
02-22-2006, 8:23 PM
This is about the third time this topic came up in the last ten days, here is the info:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=24654&highlight=stripper+guide

Please learn to use the search feature.:)

I think he is asking about a AR that can load from top via stripper clip; such as SKS, cali. FAL etc...

Rob

C.G.
02-22-2006, 8:31 PM
I think he is asking about a AR that can load from top via stripper clip; such as SKS, cali. FAL etc...

Rob

Then he needs to be a little more specific, "Ar" generally means an AR-15 or clone, eventhough an SKS and a Fal is an automatic rifle (semi, for us).

If a FAL is meant, it can be loaded by stripper clips through a stripper cover on top without having to break the weapon open.

Mesa Tactical
02-23-2006, 6:06 AM
Then he needs to be a little more specific, "Ar" generally means an AR-15 or clone, eventhough an SKS and a Fal is an automatic rifle (semi, for us).

The SKS was never full auto.

- Mitch the pedantic SKS guy

C.G.
02-23-2006, 9:39 AM

That is why it says: (semi).

ohsmily
02-23-2006, 9:41 AM

"automatic" by itself doesn't necessarily mean fully automatic. It can mean full or semi.

Mesa Tactical
02-23-2006, 10:12 AM
"automatic" by itself doesn't necessarily mean fully automatic. It can mean full or semi.

Not with rifles, only with pistols.

- Mitch the pedantic rifle guy

Stanze
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Not with rifles, only with pistols.

- Mitch the pedantic rifle guy

I find this thread shallow and pedantic.:rolleyes:

Not really, but Mitch's post remined me of a funny line in Family Guy.:p

shopkeep
02-23-2006, 10:43 AM
stripper clip adaptors and quick loaders for Cali Legal .223 AR-15 rifles can be purchased from Shoeless Industries. I believe their website is www.fab10.com

I just handload mine myself.

Santa Cruz Armory
03-26-2006, 8:53 PM
I use strippers to load my AR. It makes life alot easier.

Heres a link to another thread with pictures:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=256330#post256330

I'm still trying to find out where my boss got these, I'll post when I know more.