PDA

View Full Version : AR trigger/hammer drawing

Fjold
02-22-2006, 6:48 PM
I need a good clear drawing of the AR15 trigger/hammer group showing the contact surfaces and their relationship, does anyone have one?

EDIT: I mean the stock single stage trigger that you get in the $50 LPK's, sorry for not being clear.

And yes, I am going to sacrifice a cheap trigger group learning how to work on one.

I ran the search for "AR trigger picture" "AR Trigger job" and "AR Trigger drawing"

ohsmily
02-22-2006, 6:58 PM
I need a good clear drawing of the AR15 trigger/hammer group showing the contact surfaces and their relationship, does anyone have one?

And yes, I am going to sacrifice a cheap trigger group learning how to work on one.

I ran the search for "AR trigger picture" "AR Trigger job" and "AR Trigger drawing"

ar-15.com is a better resource for finding a diagram.

C.G.
02-22-2006, 7:09 PM
To be more specific:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Fjold
02-22-2006, 7:15 PM
Yep, I'm on AR-15 right now going through the "AR forum", "Build it yourself forum", Troubleshooting forum" etc. and there are great pictures of Jard, and other boutique triggers including NM triggers but no stock setups so far.

I happen to like the down home size of CalGuns to do my posting on and know that there are a lot of knowledgable people on here, so I thought that I'd ask THEM.

Thanks C.G. I already looked for a good drawing there but there's no good picture of the angles and engagement surfaces of a stock trigger group.

ohsmily
02-22-2006, 7:41 PM
Yep, I'm on AR-15 right now going through the "AR forum", "Build it yourself forum", Troubleshooting forum" etc. and there are great pictures of Jard, and other boutique triggers including NM triggers but no stock setups so far.

I happen to like the down home size of CalGuns to do my posting on and know that there are a lot of knowledgable people on here, so I thought that I'd ask THEM.

Thanks C.G. I already looked for a good drawing there but there's no good picture of the angles and engagement surfaces of a stock trigger group.

the engagement surfaces should be clear just by looking at the mechanism (and/or see the wear on the parts). Mil Spec triggers mechs are rough finished EXCEPT for the engagement surfaces. So, use that as your guide, they are pretty simple devices...not sure what you need a diagram for.