PDA

View Full Version : Am I dreaming?

mblat
02-22-2006, 6:15 PM
Or I really saw somewhere letter regarding VEPR rifles?
In essence that if somewher to remove pistol grip/flash hider from VEPR it would become rifle legal to posses in PRK?

The only reference I found in that context is supposetly leaked updeted list from DOJ that said something like
AK47 VEPR (All)
?

EDIT: of cause one would have to find an FFL to do the transfer...... anybody?

dwtt
02-22-2006, 7:46 PM
Or I really saw somewhere letter regarding VEPR rifles?
In essence that if somewher to remove pistol grip/flash hider from VEPR it would become rifle legal to posses in PRK?

The only reference I found in that context is supposetly leaked updeted list from DOJ that said something like
AK47 VEPR (All)

Besides your earlier question about why anyone would want a AK in Kalifornia, VEPR is another manufacturer, brand actually, of AK's but they make a model that doesn't have a pistol grip or flash suppressor to comply with the "sporting" requirement for imported rifles. These can be found for $350-400 in other states. There is another thread where someone has found a FFL willing to send a VEPR rifle into this communist state.

LOW2000
02-23-2006, 12:56 PM
It would be easier to drive to vegas, buy one, remove the pistol grip, drive back and have a ffl put it in your name here in cali.