PDA

View Full Version : Advance Technology parts???

caduckgunner
02-22-2006, 1:42 PM
Anyone use Advance Technology on thee shotguns? They look cheap as hell to me. I'm looking for a few things to add to my Winchester 1300 Defender I just bought, but want to see if you guys have had any luck with these. Thanks.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/

jessegpresley
02-22-2006, 4:05 PM
They look pretty cheesy to me. I have an FN TPS, which is just a dressed up 1300. They make Knoxx stocks in every flavor for the 1300, I'd suggest that route.

vega
02-22-2006, 6:16 PM
I've seen one and installed one for a friend but I wouldn't put one on my 500. It feels and looks cheap.

vega

grammaton76
02-22-2006, 6:58 PM
The top-folder I stuck on my M590 isn't bad... it's ATI. On the other hand, some of their stuff DOES look horrid, especially the side folders.

Nick5811
02-23-2006, 8:50 PM
...And so far am not impressed. I think I would have been better off with a different company (possibly Mossy?). Only paid $20 for it, so I can always upgrade. The front post and rear aperture are plastic, and the rear is a bit small. I also was expecting it to be outlined in white (I don't know why, I just imagined 'ghost ring' would be a ring that was ghost colored..)

The stock seems cool, but it's lightweight and doesn't feel very sturdy in the fully extended position. That's okay though, as I can't fire it comfortably in the fully extended position anyways...paid $50 for it, which was 10-20 less than I was finding it elsewhere. Maybe upgrade to an aluminum one later...we'll see after next week's test firing.

caduckgunner
02-23-2006, 9:25 PM
Thanks for the imput everyone. I think i'm going to pass on the advanced tech stuff. I haven't been able to locate any ghostrings made for the Win. 1300, so I can going to try and have a gunsmith mount some mossberg ghostrings on it.