PDA

View Full Version : No Glock Gen 4's in California???

Ed_in_Sac
04-16-2010, 7:32 AM
Asked about when the Gen 4 Glocks will be available at my dealer, they said probably never. Claims Glock is not going to submit them for Cal drop testing. And yes, this is a Glock dealer...sells a lot of them.

IS THAT TRUE???
:(:(:(

cineski
04-16-2010, 8:24 AM
You're getting info from a salesman who wants to make a sale. The Gen 4's aren't rostered (and nobody can make predictions), but he has Gen 3's that will get him a commission.

Quiet
04-16-2010, 8:30 AM
The Gen4 Glocks are not on the approved list.

So for CA, the only way you can get one is via LEO sale or PPT or out-of-state intra-familial gift.

The Gen4 Glocks have too many internal changes for Glock to get them listed via the exemption they used to get the SF & RTF2 Glocks listed. So, if Glock submits them for testing they will need to have a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.

nn3453
04-16-2010, 12:15 PM
In before Greg_Dawg posts pictures of his Gen4.

Dubels
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM

I seem to see his Gen 4 everyday. He sneaks it into every thread that is relevant.

Shenaniguns
04-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Asked about when the Gen 4 Glocks will be available at my dealer, they said probably never. Claims Glock is not going to submit them for Cal drop testing. And yes, this is a Glock dealer...sells a lot of them.

IS THAT TRUE???

Glock Smyrna told me that they already tested and it failed w/o the additional requirements needed to submit a new firearm so as of right now you will not get one unless you can get it thru PPT.

zman
04-16-2010, 1:42 PM

Is it IBGDPPOHG4 or just plain IBGD? :43:

Ed_in_Sac
04-16-2010, 2:02 PM

So for CA, the only way you can get one is via LEO sale or PPT or out-of-state intra-familial gift.

The Gen4 Glocks have too many internal changes for Glock to get them listed via the exemption they used to get the SF & RTF2 Glocks listed. So, if Glock submits them for testing they will need to have a CA DOJ approved chamber load indicator and a magazine disconnect.

Thanks, that makes it more clear...

Greg-Dawg
04-16-2010, 2:29 PM

You rang?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/G17Gen43006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/G17Gen42004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/G17Gen42007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/GKnife002.jpg

I need to take new pics...

cineski
04-16-2010, 2:32 PM
Nice emphasis on the non-neutered mags.

Greg-Dawg
04-16-2010, 2:34 PM
Nice emphasis on the non-neutered mags.

No neutering is the way to go. Getting guns neutered is like getting kicked in the balls.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/40SW31rounder005jpg.jpg

Ninong99
12-06-2010, 9:06 AM

So if I have a friend who is LAPD, and he purchases a GLOCK 19 Gen 4, would I be able to acquire it through him through PPT legally, according to CA law? (I am not LEO)

jrara
12-06-2010, 9:09 AM
So if I have a friend who is LAPD, and he purchases a GLOCK 19 Gen 4, would I be able to acquire it through him through PPT legally, according to CA law? (I am not LEO)

Prefectly Legal to do so if he buys it and decides he doesnt want it.

If its a straw purchase, that can get questionable.

rromeo
12-06-2010, 9:11 AM
Yes, that is correct.

Table Rock Arms
12-06-2010, 9:36 AM
What glock gen 4 are you looking for? I can get u a gen 4 glock 17,19,22,23 for $590 delivered to your FFL in single shot configuration. None of my distibutors have any g19,s in stock right now, but that will change I'm sure.

Ryan

FrankPro1
01-23-2011, 3:22 PM
Resurrecting this thread from the Grave. Has anything changed in Ca regarding the Generation 4 Glocks? I'm looking to purchase a 21C in the So Cal area in about a week or so. GalleryofGuns doesn't list any Gen 4's for Ca dealers so I'm guessing its still not on the roster.

415shooter
01-23-2011, 3:35 PM
Not on the roster, only way is through single shot excemption

rromeo
01-23-2011, 3:42 PM
If you read through the thread, you would know that Gen4 Glocks will not be on the roster.

Sturnovik
01-23-2011, 6:45 PM

IS THAT TRUE???

The search bar is hear for that reason..In any case I heard it was simply because they dont want to retest. There's no reason why it would fail the drop test, the 1rst gen models passed it 20 years ago...(I'm assuming were talking about the literal "drop test" on cement/metal etc...)...

rojocorsa
01-23-2011, 7:02 PM
Valkyrie Arms of Milpitas can legally sell you a Gen4. I've personally fondled a Gen4 G22 at their store. 100% legal too.

nweaver
01-23-2011, 7:16 PM
The search bar is hear for that reason..In any case I heard it was simply because they dont want to retest. There's no reason why it would fail the drop test, the 1rst gen models passed it 20 years ago...(I'm assuming were talking about the literal "drop test" on cement/metal etc...)...

I thought it was because its different enough to be considered a new model, since most parts are not interchangeable with the Gen 3.

Since it is a new model, it would need a magazine disconnect safety. Glock knew they had a choice: either introduce such a safety or not sell to civilians in California. They chose the latter.

Sturnovik
01-23-2011, 7:29 PM
Its possible I guess. I thought you had meant it "failed" due to a drop test and I know they are perfectly safe for that. In any case, the single shot exemption is awesome for guns like this. You could always get it that way through an place willing to do so.

DVSmith
01-27-2011, 4:55 PM
I thought it was because its different enough to be considered a new model, since most parts are not interchangeable with the Gen 3.

Since it is a new model, it would need a magazine disconnect safety. Glock knew they had a choice: either introduce such a safety or not sell to civilians in California. They chose the latter.

Yes, as stated before, CA has determined that it is a new model and needs to meet the current requirements including a magazine disconnect mechanism. GLOCK is not willing to add that feature. I met with GLOCK reps at the SHOT show and that is still their corporate line.

tbhracing
01-27-2011, 5:03 PM
Where can I get a Glock 4th Gen and a SIG SP2022 all at the same place? :chris:

RollingCode3
01-27-2011, 5:04 PM
Where can I get a Glock 4th Gen and a SIG SP2022 all at the same place? :chris:

Where? at my house.... come and get it. :59:

scootle
01-27-2011, 5:16 PM
Prefectly Legal to do so if he buys it and decides he doesnt want it.

If its a straw purchase, that can get questionable.

Well... straw purchase is illegal, period... doesn't matter who does it, LEO or not.

But from what I've gathered, a LEO buying a pistol under their exemption, and then doing a PPT sale of said pistol is apparently legal. Ethical? Well...

Brand new Gen4 Glocks in CA can be had via single-shot exemption, as well, if you are able and capable of doing that.

626Tony
01-27-2011, 6:06 PM
http://www.tablerockarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=62 this place is cool to CA try them out

hotbossa
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I called Glock today and the only thing the lady would say was that the submitted the Gen 4 guns to the CA DOJ and are waiting for the results.

Blackhawk556
02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i thought glock wasn't even going to submit the gen 4 because they don't have a mag disconnect and loaded indicator

RollingCode3
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I called Glock today and the only thing the lady would say was that the submitted the Gen 4 guns to the CA DOJ and are waiting for the results.

Please stop spreading FUD... Glock GEN4 doesn't have MAGAZINE disconnect safety...

Jack L
02-03-2011, 6:19 AM
So what does this all mean? Will Glock have plenty of the old style handguns for sale in CA? Or, when they run out of them, no more Glocks in CA?

Also, why is a newer Gen 4 sought after? Are they actually any better of a handgun?

Thanks.

Quiet
02-03-2011, 6:46 AM
So what does this all mean? Will Glock have plenty of the old style handguns for sale in CA? Or, when they run out of them, no more Glocks in CA?

Also, why is a newer Gen 4 sought after? Are they actually any better of a handgun?

Thanks.

Glock has stated that the Gen4 Glocks will not replace production of the Gen 3 Glocks.

People want the Gen4 Glocks because they have replaceable backstraps and use a "newer" recoil spring system that suppose to provide less felt recoil.

At the 2010 SHOT Show, the Glock reps said that CA DOJ BOF rejected the Gen4 Glocks because they did not have an approved chamber load indicator and did not have a magazine disconnect.

GUNDAN323
02-03-2011, 7:14 AM
I will be moving to California in a few weeks and own a Gen4 already. My understanding is that I can bring it into CA and just register it with CA DOJ. Am I correct?

donger
02-03-2011, 7:17 AM
I will be moving to California in a few weeks and own a Gen4 already. My understanding is that I can bring it into CA and just register it with CA DOJ. Am I correct?

Yes you are correct.

RGERBER
02-23-2011, 3:36 PM
so its legal to buy as a single shot, and its legal to own as a semi?

billped
02-23-2011, 4:02 PM
Yep - picking up mine tomorrow.

Bill

RGERBER
02-23-2011, 4:09 PM
Yep - picking up mine tomorrow.

Bill

where did you FFL yours?

zod
02-23-2011, 4:18 PM
Picking up my 4th gen G27 tonight as well. From Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas.

Blisstar
06-30-2011, 3:00 PM
May be a stupid question, but I really don't know.

What is the Single Shot modification change on the gun, and does it void Glock's warranty?

I got to shoot a Glock 17 Gen 4 at a gun show and it felt awesome! so much so I wanted to head out and buy one, only to find the whole conversion needed issue. Don’t know if the one I shot had this mod or not. I do know part of what I loved was the almost nonexistent recoil and I don’t want to have them yank the new recoil spring system in the mod process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

GlennG31
06-30-2011, 3:20 PM
May be a stupid question, but I really don't know.

What is the Single Shot modification change on the gun, and does it void Glock's warranty?

I got to shoot a Glock 17 Gen 4 at a gun show and it felt awesome! so much so I wanted to head out and buy one, only to find the whole conversion needed issue. Donít know if the one I shot had this mod or not. I do know part of what I loved was the almost nonexistent recoil and I donít want to have them yank the new recoil spring system in the mod process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

There's a sticky at the top of this forum page regarding most everything about single shot exemptions:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692

626Tony
06-30-2011, 7:16 PM
try Table Rock Arms they single shot gen4's all the time

Oceanbob
06-30-2011, 7:20 PM
Once again...OC ARMORY in Laguna Hills has one ready to go..!

Talk to MIKE..

google city.

626Tony
06-30-2011, 7:39 PM
that too my buddy Oceanbob

CK_32
06-30-2011, 8:18 PM
Single shot exemtion. Rifle gear does it for no extra fee $590 + 75 for drose. Done deal OTD.

SA227driver
06-30-2011, 8:25 PM
Here California is in a budget crisis, if the lawmakers wanted to collect new taxes and funds, then get ride of the "safe" roster list. You do that and you would have an outpouring of revenue in California.

CK_32
06-30-2011, 8:28 PM

:rofl2:

What glock gen 4 are you looking for? I can get u a gen 4 glock 17,19,22,23 for $590 delivered to your FFL in single shot configuration. None of my distibutors have any g19,s in stock right now, but that will change I'm sure.

Ryan

This

Fatstackz
06-30-2011, 8:33 PM
I was shopping Glock 17's for my daughter. I ended up in the central valley where I was shown the Gen 4 for sale. They mentioned nothing about it not being on the roster and it appeared that they were more than willing to sell it to me/her. Could it have happenened? Or would I have hit a roadblock when they entered the DROS?

CK_32
06-30-2011, 8:56 PM
I was shopping Glock 17's for my daughter. I ended up in the central valley where I was shown the Gen 4 for sale. They mentioned nothing about it not being on the roster and it appeared that they were more than willing to sell it to me/her. Could it have happenened? Or would I have hit a roadblock when they entered the DROS?

Legal. The law just doesn't let you import them with out being in a certain form (single shot) then the dealer (07 dealer) he changes it back to a normal pistol and then it's sold to you.

Thus making it legal.

Fatstackz
06-30-2011, 9:04 PM
Makes sense. Damn it I shoulda bought it when I had the chance.

Thanks

7222 Hawker
07-01-2011, 6:28 PM
Make friends with a LEO. End of problem.

viet4lifeOC
07-02-2011, 6:55 AM
Single shot exemtion. Rifle gear does it for no extra fee $590 + 75 for drose. Done deal OTD.

what Gen 4 glocks dies Riflegear sell?

Thanks

RoundEye
07-02-2011, 10:39 AM
As people have already stated in this thread. My understanding is that Glock submitted the Gen 4s to the DOJ who said the model design changed too much for it to be considered a generation enhancement of the Gen 3 model. So it would need to be submitted for testing as a new model and be subject to the current requirements. Since the Gen 4s do not have the Mag disconnect they fail the "California Safe Handgun Roster" test.

Glock indicated that they will continue to make the Gen 3s for the California market for a yet to be determined period. Hopefully it won't be too long before CGF has the "Roster" declared unconstitutional and this BS will no longer be an issue.

infernl
07-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Went into OC Armory yesterday, and they're going to get me a Gen 4 21SF as a single shot. Waiting for a call now to buy and start DROS & wait period.

Quiet
07-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Went into OC Armory yesterday, and they're going to get me a Gen 4 21SF as a single shot. Waiting for a call now to buy and start DROS & wait period.

The Glock 21SF and Glock 21Gen4 are two different pistols. Which one are you getting? :p

CK_32
07-02-2011, 11:37 AM
what Gen 4 glocks dies Riflegear sell?

Thanks

Any one you order from Table Rock arms. They shipp it to them no extra charge and rifle gear told me otd it would be $680 or around. But rifle gear does have gen 3's

But I havnt been in 3 months so they could have gotten some gen 4's but you can buy any available gen 4 from table rock and have it shipped to rifle gear.

Blisstar
07-05-2011, 8:39 AM
Just want to let everyone in Nor-Cal know Sacramento Black Rifle (in Rocklin) will do the single shot conversion at no extra fee, and has Gen 4's in stock. I get to pick mine up 7/12/11! Excellent customer Service up here also! Can't give these guys enough props!

mdhpper
07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Just want to let everyone in Nor-Cal know Sacramento Black Rifle (in Rocklin) will do the single shot conversion at no extra fee, and has Gen 4's in stock. I get to pick mine up 7/12/11! Excellent customer Service up here also! Can't give these guys enough props!

That's impressive. Too bad they are too far north from me.

keither
07-05-2011, 6:14 PM
This person in Sacramento is selling a whole bunch of Glock Gen 4's...

http://www.sacramentoblackrifle.com/collections/glock

NoCash4theRange
07-11-2011, 3:34 PM
Where? at my house.... come and get it. :59:

Go to Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas. They'll help you out with this.

RollingCode3
07-11-2011, 3:49 PM
Go to Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas. They'll help you out with this.

:confused: What? I already own 3 Gen4 Glock...

NoCash4theRange
07-11-2011, 4:00 PM
NICE!! Sorry about that, I meant to send that to someone else. You're a lucky man with that many Glocks.

:confused: What? I already own 3 Gen4 Glock...

beechbumm33
01-10-2012, 1:53 PM
Does Glock make a 10 rd mag for California to use in the Gen4? I am planning on getting on through PPT but want to make sure I can get the legal mags.

NeenachGuy
01-10-2012, 2:13 PM
Does Glock make a 10 rd mag for California to use in the Gen4? I am planning on getting on through PPT but want to make sure I can get the legal mags.

I believe all of the new magazines sold by Glock are for the Gen 4, including the 10rd. magazines. The Gen 4 mags are backward compatible to Gen 3. Also, the older mags should work in the Gen 4, as long as you keep the mag release on the left side (the older mags only have a notches on one side only). All the mags I bought in the past year have the notches on both sides. So, yeah, any new 10rd. magazine you buy should work in the Gen 4.

tvfreakarms
01-10-2012, 2:17 PM
Ed in sac. I assume ur from the sac valley. Anyways go to sacramento black rifle in rocklin. They do single shot glocks

tvfreakarms
01-10-2012, 2:23 PM
The glock g4 has a loaded chamber indicator. Its located next to where the case ejects. Its not very noticable. Why bother having one if its not that noticable.

Quiet
01-11-2012, 6:39 AM
The glock g4 has a loaded chamber indicator. Its located next to where the case ejects. Its not very noticable. Why bother having one if its not that noticable.

Most loaded chamber indicators do not meet CA's definition of a "chamber load indicator", due to their lack of explantory text/symbols engraved on or next to the loaded chamber indicator.

Since, the Gen4 Glocks does not have a CA DOJ approved "chamber load indicator" [PC 16380] and does not have a "magazine disconnect mechanism" [PC 16900], they will never be be placed on the CA DOJ approved list for handgun sales.

Which, doesn't really matter, due to the SSE. :43:

Penal Code 16380
As used in this part, "chamber load indicator" means a device that plainly indicates that a cartridge is in the firing chamber. A device satisfies this definition if it is readily visible, has incorporated or adjacent explanatory text or graphics, or both, and is designed and intended to indicate to a reasonably foreseeable adult user of the pistol, without requiring the user to refer to a user's manual or any other resource other than the pistol itself, whether a cartridge is in the firing chamber.

Penal Code 16900
As used in this part, "magazine disconnect mechanism" means a mechanism that prevents a semiautomatic pistol that has a detachable magazine from operating to strike the primer of ammunition in the firing chamber when a detachable magazine is not inserted in the semiautomatic pistol.