PDA

View Full Version : crappy jake down

theseacow
04-15-2010, 9:34 PM
I was targeting some jakes with sub 1" beards. This particular jake came in at about 2" of beard so it wasn't the true trophy we were after. The season is still open and my buddies should have a good shot at them. A nice big tom was getting down with a hen and was almost in the way of this quality jake. Anyhow, here it is.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/fatseacow01/hunting/turk4-15-10cin.jpg

Shoot-it
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
which one is the turkey!

Nice job one the jake .I never got into turkey hunting is it that fun.

I hunt a private ranch in Orland during deer season one year I must have seen 50 wild turkeys in one flock .This last season I only saw 20 and they were dumb they ran by me about 40 yards . I was thinking on hunting them this season but it's a 4 hour drive from where I live .

This guy also has a new ranch that boarders up against almond orchard that is owned by cal Worthington you know the car sales men.

theseacow
04-16-2010, 10:41 AM
which one is the turkey!

Nice job one the jake .I never got into turkey hunting is it that fun.

I hunt a private ranch in Orland during deer season one year I must have seen 50 wild turkeys in one flock .This last season I only saw 20 and they were dumb they ran by me about 40 yards . I was thinking on hunting them this season but it's a 4 hour drive from where I live .

This guy also has a new ranch that boarders up against almond orchard that is owned by cal Worthington you know the car sales men.

thanks man. There are definitely 2 crap quality specimens in that pic ;). I'm no expert but at different times of the year they can be pretty dumb and get really close to you. They seem to get more spooky during the hunting season. Also, during the fall we see groups of 150 or more walking around in a single file line. From the top of a hill it looks like a big black snake moving around. They are fun to hunt while the season is open and then when it closes you can resume all your normal hunting activity. Its a good break in the year.

professionalcoyotehunter
04-16-2010, 2:31 PM
Nice tom. I wish we had a plce here in socal to get them.:(

jawbreaker
04-16-2010, 2:53 PM
Slammin the turkeys this year. Great job.

theseacow
04-16-2010, 3:00 PM
Slammin the turkeys this year. Great job.

thanks man. One of these days I'm gonna pick up a set of those calls that I've been eyeballin in your threads.

pieeater
04-16-2010, 3:52 PM
I need to get back out!!!!

center_x
04-16-2010, 3:58 PM
This is three for you right?? Congrats!

theseacow
04-16-2010, 4:27 PM
This is three for you right?? Congrats!

yeah. im stuck with doing the scouting/calling/chasing&screaming for the rest of the season now.

professionalcoyotehunter
04-16-2010, 5:53 PM
What is the limit on turkeys?

77bawls
04-16-2010, 6:00 PM
What is the limit on turkeys?

I think it's one.

Edit One bearded daily bag limit, three per season, for spring turkey. Fall is just one.

pieeater
04-16-2010, 6:11 PM
yeah. im stuck with doing the scouting/calling/chasing&screaming for the rest of the season now.

I'm up to 9 now but ive only pulled the trigger on one.lol its just as fun.

center_x
04-20-2010, 4:32 PM

+1 for helping others out. To me, when I call one in for someone else, its just as rewarding :-) Ive got 1 more until im in the same boat. Im waiting till archery starts and Im hoping I'll wack my last one then.

PCH: only three :-(