PDA

View Full Version : why seek different lowers?

swift
02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Since I joined a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a few people who seem to be trying to get at least one of each unlisted lower. Why? I understand collecting or just interest, but is there a practical reason?
Thanks for clarifying this mystery.

blacklisted
02-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Since I joined a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a few people who seem to be trying to get at least one of each unlisted lower. Why? I understand collecting or just interest, but is there a practical reason?

Well, it's because the voices say to do so.

docsmileyface
02-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Might be in case for when the "list" is updated.... if the DOJ "forgets" to add a certain brand you wouldn't have to register it?

xenophobe
02-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Some people are just compelled to collect stuff. I have like 400-500 cds, probably close to 300 dvds now, I got a bunch of guns, and have collected various things since I was a kid... Now...

I have 5 brands already, and I'm trying to hold off the irrational desire for having one of each myself...

Why? .... umm... the better question to ask would be why not?

lol

boosterboy
02-21-2006, 10:46 PM

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all.:D

accordingtoome
02-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all.:D
HAHAHAA.. :D rep for you

filefish
02-21-2006, 11:04 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF GUN NUTS:mad:

Charliegone
02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes we know..we love guns like squirrels love nuts.:D

jdberger
02-21-2006, 11:16 PM
I once saw the following quote:

"Why do you carry two guns?"
"Cause three gets a little bulky.":D

CALI-gula
02-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Sometimes it is the relationship of the company to items people already have: for instance, if I had a Barrett M95 and an 82A1, it is highly likely I would be after a Barrett lower. Same goes for a Cobb FA50 for an MCR lower

... I might have a grandiose collection of LAR Grizzly pistols, I might try to get one of the Grizzly lowers.

... If I grew up on Fulton Rd, in Fulton California (near Santa Rosa, CA just off the 101) then of course I would have numerous Fultons.

... If my wife's name were Lauer ... hence many Lauers, as it would be a great excuse to reason with her as to why I need so many. Or I could be a speech therapist and just like the saying "Lauer Lower Lauer Lower Lauer Lower Lauwer Laoer Lawyer Looer Loroer Lorer Lore ..."

... If I were Tom Hanks, I might buy several "Wilson" lowers.

... If I were a superhero commonly referred to as "Megaman" and the symbol on my chest was the diagram of an atom, because one of my super powers was the ability to be atomically correct, as opposed to mere common mortals that are anatomically correct, I might want several Megas.

... If I were a gynecologist, I would probably buy several Doublestars because their logo still looks like a uterus, ovaries, and a set of fallopian tubes to me.

... If I was a professional pimp, whoring out sluts to stag parties, I might buy several Stags.

... And if my last name were Hesse, I still wouldn't by a fücking single one!! LOL!!! :D

EBWhite
02-21-2006, 11:41 PM
... And if my last name were Hesse, I still would NOT by a fücking single one!! LOL!!! :D

LOL, gotta love that one. I would not touch a vulcan carbon .223 with a 10 foot pole. We are forced if we want a .308 to get a hesse, so i got one since one is better than none. But if my name was hesse i'd change it to malVulcan....:D

tenpercentfirearms
02-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Man the CMMG's look cool and I am really fighting the urge to get one. Then again, I could always trade my Lauer for a CMMG. Hmmm, too tempting. Even though the Bear is cool, I can do without a Grizzley right now. But CMMG, I might just have to trade in my Lauer for a CMMG. Yes! So far I have

Stag-15
Stag-6.8
Sun Devil
LCW15
Mega Gator
LMT Defender 2000

I sure think I am going to swap out my Lauer for the CMMG. Consider it done! That is the benefit of being a gun dealer, I can get away with swaping out inventory and I don't have to DROS!

EBWhite
02-21-2006, 11:52 PM
I'd like to trade one of my stags im getting for a mega or sundevil or cmmg

filefish
02-22-2006, 12:01 AM
... If I was a professional pimp, whoring out sluts to stag parties, I might buy several Stags.

... And if my last name were Hesse, I still wouldn't by a fücking single one!! LOL!!! :D

ok it's all making sence now.. I have a vulcan and a stag....unfortunatly my son it 10 months old and I think he is FABulous am I compleatly screwed?

xenophobe
02-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Right now I have four different lower brands...

If I REALLY wanted to, by the weekend I could have 8, by the end of the next week I could have like 11, or possibly more different brands...

I'm REALLY fighting the urge to collect. lol

Pablo
02-22-2006, 2:46 AM
Right now I have four different lower brands...

If I REALLY wanted to, by the weekend I could have 8, by the end of the next week I could have like 11, or possibly more different brands...

I'm REALLY fighting the urge to collect. lol

Have you got your S&W M&P15? You know you want it!!!;)

phish
02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
This reminds me of the movie "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" when Hammer & Slammer were gearing up:

"You think you got enough?"

"Man, you can never have enough."

:D

What's up with you ladies, nobody's mentioned a Barrett 468 lower! :p

xenophobe
02-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Have you got your S&W M&P15? You know you want it!!!;)

F'n teaser!!! haha... umm.... NO. =(

I really am trying... and I have a willing transfer dealer to do a FFL to FFL in NV, I would just need to find the S&W, send money to pay for it, then drive up there, either pin the mag or dissassemble it, and then come back... ugh.

A lot of effort, though I haven't found a stocking distributor yet.

podobo
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
mmmmmm Barrett, I'd sell my left nut for a Barrett 6.8 lower, not the right one though it's reserved for the HK lower......

gmcem50
02-22-2006, 1:46 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF GUN NUTS:mad:

And the problem with that is.....? :D

JWC6
02-22-2006, 2:30 PM
This is my Favorite!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=27093

filefish
02-22-2006, 3:26 PM
And the problem with that is.....? :D

none; I never argue with a "gun nut" :eek:

shopkeep
02-22-2006, 4:02 PM
The reason people are collecting is because the DOJ is taking so long to update the list we're having to find and justify new ways to stick it to the man.

AK builds are starting to get popular at this point though now that people have seen Tyler's Cali Legal AK-47 Romanian build. I will personally admit that Tyler's build, although very rugged (it uses a spent casing to hold open the bolt for reloading), is very impressive.