PDA

View Full Version : CMP and New Jersey - New Procedures

raw24
04-15-2010, 3:30 PM
http://www.thecmp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13770

From Orest's post:
"On 12 April CMP representatives met with reporesentatives of the NJ State Police and the NJ Attorney General's office. At issue was the fact that CMP customers were receiving rifles at their home and not from a firearms dealer licensed by the state. It was the opinion of the repreesentatives of both the NJ State Police and the AG's office that NJ requires all firearm transactions to be face to face and the transfer of a rifle be made to the customer by a NJ licensed dealer. Therefore NJ residents cannot certify paragraph K on the CMP order form that reads - I further certify thatI will not be in violation, by reason of my receipt or possession of a rifle, of any state law or published ordinance applicable where I reside.

Effective immediately, rifles sold and shipped to NJ residents must be be shipped to NJ licensed firearms dealers. Customers should provide CMP with copies of the dealers FFL and NJ state license, along with the CMP order form.

This applies to all rifle orders we have received and not yet shipped. Customers with orders already submitted will be contacted individually.

NJ residents who visit either CMP store may purchase and pick up rifles without the necessity of going through a NJ licensed dealer.":eek:

Question is, How long be fore this nonsence hits good ole CA?

Interloper
04-15-2010, 3:39 PM
I dunno. Everybody thinks we have the worst gun laws. :rolleyes:
I do see a day though when California lawmakers will turn the evil gaze of Sauron upon C&R transactions. None of the anti's know about it...yet.

littlejake
04-15-2010, 3:45 PM
I do see a day though when California lawmakers will turn the evil gaze of Sauron upon C&R transactions. None of the anti's know about it...yet.

It may just be in the new rifle registration bill that was introduced -- if not, it cannot be far behind.

mls343
04-15-2010, 4:32 PM
New Jersey makes Kalifornia look pretty good...

ocabj
04-15-2010, 4:54 PM
I forsee the amount of C&R FFL applications in NJ to spike in the very near future.

TRICKSTER
04-15-2010, 5:11 PM
I forsee the amount of C&R FFL applications in NJ to spike in the very near future.
C&R FFL's are useless in New Jersey. All firearms need to go though a dealer.

newtothis
04-15-2010, 6:21 PM
What? Is California next?

campperrykid
04-16-2010, 8:37 AM
Sounds like there could be an interesting court case coming in the future.

tony1970
04-16-2010, 5:42 PM
These are the east coast clowns that infiltrated California years ago and ruined my state. Now they are on the hunt to dissolve the CMP!!!!! The gun hating lobby cannot stand the fact that you can have a firearm brought to your door without some sort of registration or paper work to tie your name to the firearm. Don't think that this state is far behind this madness.

Freebird76
04-16-2010, 8:30 PM
The CMP won't sell a rifle to just anybody. All purchasers must verify identities and undergo a FBI background check. I don't know what NJ Attorneys General are so worried about besides getting reelected. Can they document a single case of a CMP rifle ever being used in a crime in New Jersey? Can they find a single case of a CMP rifle being used in any crime in the entire US? They are attempting to legislate away a problem that doesn't exist.

Nihonto Chicken
04-17-2010, 7:56 PM
These are the east coast clowns that infiltrated California years ago and ruined my state.

Hear, hear! :(