PDA

View Full Version : Best AK Package?

Xerox
02-21-2006, 8:02 PM
Looking At Getting a 7.62x39 Reciever at this point and have a few questions.

I'm looking into getting this Parts kit,

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=ZAK06160B&back=yes&dept=214&last=214

My question is will the stock be a problem givin it is adjustable? If not is the rifle long enough with that stock?

If the stock is not correct for california's laws I just plan on using a full length U.S. made one.

Is the barrel chrome lined on these Romanian Kits?

Any comments reguarding quality?

If I go ahead with this package from Tapco which is the best unlisted reciever to go with since it is a Romanian kit and has a double hook trigger group?

Will any of the unlisted recievers fit this parts kit PERFECT?

The only two companies I've seen with unlisted recievers are:

http://www.nodakspud.com

Which model?
NDS-3,NDS-4,NDS-5,NDS-9?

and

http://www.globaltrades.com/

Global Trades offers 1.0mm and 1.6mm which would fit this parts kit best?

I plan on using a 10 round fixed mag so I do understand the somewhat difficulty of reloading the mag.

I think with these questions answered, the tapco kit with fitting reciever would be a great package for an ak loving californian to look into.

Thanks for all your help!

Charliegone
02-21-2006, 8:31 PM
My question is will the stock be a problem givin it is adjustable? If not is the rifle long enough with that stock?

I just got my tapco ak kit today and I can tell you the rifle is well over 30". The barrel is a 16". Even if it had an underfolder it would still be a bit over 30" long.

If the stock is not correct for california's laws I just plan on using a full length U.S. made one.

You can use the stock if you use a fixed mag. If you do not fix the magazine you cannot have a pistol grip, collapsible or folding, or no flashhider.

Is the barrel chrome lined on these Romanian Kits?

Yes. My tapco kit has an excellent chromed lined barrel. Damn I'm thinking of getting another one! Parts are in great condition.

Any comments reguarding quality?
Look above

If I go ahead with this package from Tapco which is the best unlisted reciever to go with since it is a Romanian kit and has a double hook trigger group?

An Ewbanks, global trades, horn, itm(not the ak-74), vulcan and any other ak receiver legal for purchase here should work with it. As long as it is meant for the 7.62x39 caliber. Some do not have the double hook trigger cut though. The ewbanks, some globals, vulcans do not have the double hook trigger cut. I suppose you can cut it out yourself(i mean on your receiver if it doesn't have it) if you want to.

Will any of the unlisted recievers fit this parts kit PERFECT?

I tried the ewbanks receivers I bought and tried aligning the trunion holes with the trunion holes on the demilled part. PERFECT! It fit exactly on the spot.:D Lucky me. Actually, every hole fit exactly on the spot.

Overall the tapco kits are pretty damn good. They do come with a lot of grease so get your rags ready. Double hook trigger though might require some cutting on the receiver to make it fit. Or if you want just don't use it.:D

By the way, I believe global trades is out of receivers. Same for Ewbanks.

Xerox
02-21-2006, 9:00 PM
Was Your Romanian Tapco Parts Kit Matching?

Since the Ewbanks recievers are out does anyone have any experience with the Nodakspud recievers and know which one would fit this romanian kit best?

Would this parts kit work better with a single hook?

Thanks Yet Again!

Charliegone
02-21-2006, 9:37 PM
Was Your Romanian Tapco Parts Kit Matching?

Since the Ewbanks recievers are out does anyone have any experience with the Nodakspud recievers and know which one would fit this romanian kit best?

Would this parts kit work better with a single hook?

Thanks Yet Again!

I haven't checked the numbers but them all seem original except for the trigger parts kit. Well, if you have or get a receiver with a double hook. Use it. Don't know about the nodakspud receivers couldn't tell you.

fal_762x51
02-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I...have...ROMAK kit, RAWR! Ok, I need to goto bed. Anyway, the Romanian parts kit I got from akparts almost a year ago is in excellent condition besides the wood. Chrome-lined barrel and just plain beautiful. The NDS-3 (Romanian trunnion holes drilled) receivers should be coming in 7-10 days and I'll let you know how it fits up. Just shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you in 10 days.

-Pat

Xerox
02-22-2006, 3:42 PM
Any one else try the NDS-3 Receiver from NoDakSpud and a Romanian kit?

EBWhite
02-22-2006, 3:44 PM
I test fit a hungarian amd kit on my nds-3 and front holes lined up nice. Rear were different but the NDS DCI receviers are excellent quality.

ADDICTEDto.223LOWERS
02-22-2006, 6:04 PM
i got a yugo underfolder on an nds-4 fits like a dream... anyone got suggestions on finish of the receiver and maybe on refinishing the rest of the rifle too?

morepoop4u
02-22-2006, 7:25 PM
i got a yugo underfolder on an nds-4 fits like a dream... anyone got suggestions on finish of the receiver and maybe on refinishing the rest of the rifle too?
http://www.coloradoshooting.org/ar_refinishing.htm