PDA

View Full Version : ar-15 on the news

blkA4alb
02-21-2006, 6:46 PM
i wasnt sure where to put this but this might work..im watching seinfeld right now and i saw a clip for the news and they showed police carrying an ar-15 of some sort out of a house:eek:. i didnt catch what time thats going to be on but it might relate to us..iono if thats good or bad. maybe what we're doing is going to get out to the public, and theyll freak out:cool:

insin
02-21-2006, 7:23 PM
Make sure you watch your local news to find out what the story is. Im sure many here would like to know.

blkA4alb
02-21-2006, 7:25 PM
sure will, anyone else in the SF bay area who wants to watch it was on channel 2. kron 4 i think? i almost never watch the news so im not sure

blacklisted
02-21-2006, 7:32 PM
Could have something to do with this:

http://www.lassennews.com/News_Story.edi?sid=3145&mode=thread&order=0

After a lengthy investigation, the Susanville Police Department, with the aid of the Coos Bay Police Department, arrested Lassen Community College student Matthew Louis Maumoynier, 21, on Saturday, Feb. 11 in Coos Bay, Ore.

By Barbara France
News Editor

Maumoynier was charged with possessing an assault rifle, possessing firearms on a college campus, furnishing or loaning a high capacity magazine and probation violation. His bail was set at $45,000.

During the month of January, the police department began investigating allegations that college students at LCC were in possession of various firearms in the dorm rooms, according to a SPD press release.

Several photos showing both past and present students holding various types of firearms in the dorm rooms were put on the World Wide Web site blog called myspace.com.

College officials brought it to the attention of the police department when college staff discovered the photos.

According to Police Chief Chris Gallagher, during the lengthy investigation, one of the weapons in the photos was determined to be an assault rifle. These types of rifles are illegal to possess in California.

Maumoynier, identified by the SPD also as a LCC wrestler, was in one of the photos holding the assault rifle.

On Wednesday, Feb. 8, Susanville police detectives interviewed Maumoynier, who admitted during the interview that the assault rifle was his. He allegedly admitted bringing the rifle and a shotgun into the dorm rooms.

Maumoynier also told the detectives the weapons were in an undisclosed location in Chester. The detectives arrested Maumoynier but he was released when he and a man the press release identified as assistant wrestling coach Alonzo Nalls agreed to bring the rifle and shotgun to the police station on Thursday, Feb. 11. Nalls allegedly told the detectives he would help Maumoynier retrieve the guns.

The detectives told Nalls and Maumoynier that if Maumoynier did not return with the weapons as agreed upon, a warrant would be issued for his arrest. He was also told that if he brought in the weapons, he would not be physically arrested but the case would be sent to the Lassen County District Attorney's Office.

Neither Maumoynier nor Nalls brought the weapons to the police department or contacted the investigators.

On Friday, Feb. 10, the police detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Maumoynier for felony and misdemeanor charges.

For the full story, see the Feb. 21 Lassen County Times.

blkA4alb
02-21-2006, 7:34 PM
i just saw another "teaser" and they mentioned a big gun bust containing assault weapons in the east bay, my area. it will be on the 10 o clock news on channel 2 for those in this area.

fusion
02-21-2006, 7:35 PM
I just saw the commercial. I don't think it has anything to do with lowers. They had all sorts of "AW's" being taken out of the home. It was some "bust."

blkA4alb
02-21-2006, 7:36 PM
but if they were busting a guy with lowers who built them without pinning the magazine it does have to do with us. so we'll see.

blacklisted
02-21-2006, 7:43 PM
Wait a second. Doesn't Lassen have a gun smithing school?

Yeah, and I bet there's more to the story.

shopkeep
02-21-2006, 7:50 PM
Yeah, and I bet there's more to the story.

There are TONS of unregistered Assault Weapons in California. Whether it's an offlist lower or otherwise it's the same thing if built up... an unregistered Assault Weapon. That's all the futher the story will go for the most part.

Assault Weapons charges are just something they heap on top of other charges like the cherry on a sundae. This kid was already in violation of probation and other charges. Hence this is just one more crime to nail him on.

SC_00_05
02-21-2006, 8:01 PM
There are TONS of unregistered Assault Weapons in California. Whether it's an offlist lower or otherwise it's the same thing if built up... an unregistered Assault Weapon. That's all the futher the story will go for the most part.

Assault Weapons charges are just something they heap on top of other charges like the cherry on a sundae. This kid was already in violation of probation and other charges. Hence this is just one more crime to nail him on.
From the sound of it, the possession charge is the probation violation. These wouldn't just be "added on" charges, they are the primary charges. Well, I guess this dispels the myth that cops have only busted people for possession when they are already arresting them on more serious charges.

Arrested for gun in his dorm room and lending a regular capacity mag. What bull****.

bodyarmorguy27
02-21-2006, 8:24 PM
Don't believe everything you read, unless you're reading the court transcripts. News reporters are notorious for screwing up the story and leaving out details.

As far as probation violations go, you would have to know what he is on probation for and what his conditions of probation are. He may have a condition to "Obey all laws" or "Not possess any firearms or other dangerous weapons".

docsmileyface
02-21-2006, 8:41 PM
Channel 2 KTVU fox or whatever had a little commercial for the 10 o'clock news just a minute ago... said something about a child being shot in the east bay and showed a bunch of shots of cop cars and yellow do not cross tape....

uglygun
02-21-2006, 8:52 PM
Yes, Lassen has a gunsmithing school.

And it was one I was considering taking classes from when I get enough vacation time to work on a few rifles.

However if people can't keep their damn rifles in their dorm room to keep a close eye on them, which you can bet I'd want to do regardless of what type of firearm it is. They can forget it.

I'd be just as likely to want to go up and turn a custom barrel for one of my registered AR15s so I could learn how to time a barrel extension to the barrel/receiver as I would take a Rem 700 up there to rebuild it.

docsmileyface
02-21-2006, 9:18 PM
Damn.... the 10 o clock news on channel 2 should give any anti-gunner a hardon... 3 stories in a row about how bad guns are

1. 10 year old girl shot by stray bullet in richmond

2. guy with over 30 guns including "pistols, shotguns, assault weapons (cue shot of police pulling out ARs and AKs) and even 2 hand grenades" caught in oakland for selling illegally to local gang members

3. high school football star in berkley gunned down by a shotgun

phish
02-21-2006, 9:19 PM
just saw the segment on channel 2

The bust was in Oakland (shock). There were even 2 grenades found, they didn't specify if they were live or not.

Of course, the gratuitous liberal soccer mom got to say: "There are kids here, you don't want to have all those weapons close to kids..." :rolleyes:

blkA4alb
02-21-2006, 9:23 PM
well this is the bay area, home of anti-gunners. trust me i live in berkeley/albany and i can almost guarantee there will be some kind of protest about the killing in the next few days. its still horrible that someone got killed though.

docsmileyface
02-21-2006, 9:25 PM
Sort of reminded me of Boyz in da Hood.... where the one soccer playing guy (Rickey I think his name was) gets shotgunned down right after he decided to join the Army to get out of the ghetto and make a life for himself and his family.

Charliegone
02-21-2006, 9:41 PM
Sort of reminded me of Boyz in da Hood.... where the one soccer playing guy (Rickey I think his name was) gets shotgunned down right after he decided to join the Army to get out of the ghetto and make a life for himself and his family.

Football man!!!
Yup that does happen good kid looking for a way out and blamo some f-n gangbanger takes him out.:mad: I've seen this happen a few times when I use to live in Pomona. People should be taking their anger out at the gangbangers not on the law abiding gun owners.:rolleyes:

blacklisted
02-21-2006, 9:42 PM
What we need is people willing to kill the gangbangers, sort of like in Death Wish.

Charliegone
02-21-2006, 9:59 PM
What we need is people willing to kill the gangbangers, sort of like in Death Wish.

You mean with this guy.......

http://www.wildeyguns.com/silverscreen.html

:D

"Who's this Wildey friend of yours?"

LOL. I saw that movie...damn they even had rpgs and nades.:eek:

Super_tactical
02-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Don't worry, it wasn't me!!

Any news yet on the whole story? I'm very interested to find out.

fun2none
02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Could have something to do with this:

http://www.lassennews.com/News_Story.edi?sid=3145&mode=thread&order=0

Several photos showing both past and present students holding various types of firearms in the dorm rooms were put on the World Wide Web site blog called myspace.com.

POLICE: We have a photo that shows you holding an assault rifle in your dorm room. Where is the assault rifle now ?

MAUMOYNIER: What assault rifle ? Oh you mean the Tokyo Marui M16A2 airsoft replica ? I think I left in my truck. We were just re-enacting a scene in a school play. As you know, it's against the law to bring a real gun on campus.

Charliegone
02-22-2006, 12:09 AM
POLICE: We have a photo that shows you holding an assault rifle in your dorm room. Where is the assault rifle now ?

MAUMOYNIER: What assault rifle ? Oh you mean the Tokyo Marui M16A2 airsoft replica ? I think I left in my truck. We were just re-enacting a scene in a school play. As you know, it's against the law to bring a real gun on campus.

Figures..they'd go after the "not so" bright one.;)

slo5oh
02-23-2006, 8:45 AM
As you know, it's against the law to bring a real gun on campus.

This is my hang up... It's a felony to bring any sort of firearm on any school campus in cali. Isn't it? As far as I know it's even a big "no-no" to bring a knife on a campus.
I swear... stupid kids with their myspace accounts! I wouldn't put a picture of myself robbing a bank, selling drugs or show off anything illegal on myspace... or anywhere on the internet for that matter. Ever since the police tracked down and arrested the guy YEARS ago that put a video of himself in his ferrari flying along the roads... I better start wearing my aluminum hat again.

PanzerAce
02-23-2006, 10:36 AM
well, once I get the chance, I will post the UC firearms/knife policy if you guys want it. I would copy it straight from the housing agreement that you sign.