PDA

View Full Version : DROSing OLL

boxtype1
04-14-2010, 7:09 PM
I would like to purchase a couple of lowers from you and at the same time purchasing an OLL lower from private party. Can I do 1 DROS for all? Thanks

BONECUTTER
04-15-2010, 7:40 AM
Nope, a PPT DROS is different from a dealer sale one.

ke6guj
04-15-2010, 9:33 AM
Nope, a PPT DROS is different from a dealer sale one.correct, but if the dealer was willing to do so, he could possibly receive the firearm from the seller, put it in his book as inventory, and then do a normal DROS out to the buyer along with the other items being bought from the dealer.

BONECUTTER
04-15-2010, 9:45 AM
correct, but if the dealer was willing to do so, he could possibly receive the firearm from the seller, put it in his book as inventory, and then do a normal DROS out to the buyer along with the other items being bought from the dealer.

Absolutly true, but a deal would have to be made by the dealer and then the PPT cap of $35.00 would not apply anymore. It would then be a transfer and they could charge more.

I would recommend calling them directly and telling them what you plan on purchasing to see if any deals can be struck.

ke6guj
04-15-2010, 9:50 AM
yup, talk to riflegear and find out if they were willing to do it that way, and if it would be cost effective to do it that way. Basically, riflegear would have been making $10 extra to do that second DROS, so as long as riflegear was willing to do it for <$35, the customer ends up saving money.