PDA

View Full Version : AR15 lower reciever assembly service.

kaploww
04-14-2010, 1:15 PM
I will not assemble or work on illegal firearms. Don't even ask.

I can assemble your lower reciever so that it is in compliance with California state laws.

I charge $65 to assemble your lower for you.

I have a turn around time right now of 24-48 hours depending on my schedule.

Parts needed.

Your stripped California compliant lower reciever.

!!!!Magazine Lock!!! A Bullet Button, MAG-LOCK, Prince50, Raddlock, Range-Maglock or simillar devices are all acceptable. I will not assemble a reciever that falls under CCR 11 - 5469(a). As it would be an illegal firearm.
Buffer Tube
Buffer Spring
Stock assembly
Pistol Grip

I recomend purchasing a lower reciever parts kit from a local reputable FFL, as it will have all the parts listed below.

SPRINGS

Bolt Catch Spring
Buffer Retainer Spring
Disconnector Spring
Hammer Spring
Magazine Catch Spring
Pivot Detent Spring
Selector Spring
Takedown Detent Spring
Trigger Spring

PINS

Bolt Catch Buffer
Bolt Catch Roll Pin
Hammer Pin
Pivot Detent
Pivot Pin
Selector Detent
Takedown Detent
Takedown Pin
Trigger Guard Roll Pin
Trigger Pin

OTHER PARTS:

Bolt Catch
Buffer Retainer
Disconnector
Hammer
Magazine Catch
Magazine Catch Button
Pistol Grip Lock Washer
Pistol Grip Screw
Selector
Trigger
Trigger Guard

Please do not bring your upper recievers, I will not assemble a complete firearm.

I will show you how to install them. It's VERY simple.

ke6guj
04-14-2010, 1:25 PM
where are you located?
Are you an FFL?

drawn
04-18-2010, 7:26 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=3824994#post3824994

Sh00tFurst
04-18-2010, 7:30 AM
I'm confused. What's this thread about?

You guys speaking in code? :TFH:

dirtyJ
04-18-2010, 7:33 PM
You are not required to have any kind of magazine lock on an assembled lower. It is NOT a centerfire rifle, and as such does not fall under any of the applicable penal codes. What if someone wants to build a featureless rifle?

kaploww
04-19-2010, 3:12 AM
You are not required to have any kind of magazine lock on an assembled lower. It is NOT a centerfire rifle, and as such does not fall under any of the applicable penal codes. What if someone wants to build a featureless rifle?

If I assemble the lower for someone it gets a lock.

I have centerfire uppers.

No lock on the lower, and it's in my possesion, it means I have the capacity to build a complete AW.

No thanks.

If I build it, it gets a lock.

CnCFunFactory
04-20-2010, 5:22 AM
Just to be clear are you currently a licensed FFL?

geeknow
04-20-2010, 5:27 AM
Just to be clear are you currently a licensed FFL?

doesnt sound like it.

technically, there is no need to be an ffl to 'assemble' a rifle.

NiteQwill
04-20-2010, 5:33 AM

No lock on the lower, and it's in my possesion, it means I have the capacity to build a complete AW.

No thanks.

huh? :confused:

CnCFunFactory
04-20-2010, 5:34 AM
If the turn around is 24-48 hours I have to leave my "gun" with him and he is getting compensated for his time with money he is acting as a gunsmith, Right? That's why I am curious and it is only curiosity cause hell if that's legit (without a ffl) then I'll start doing it down here in SoCal for people. I have assembled lots of these and can certainly help people out and fund my next project at the same time :-)

center_x
04-20-2010, 4:49 PM
For the original OP! I understand what you are doing and what your trying to say. Very thoughtful of you to try to help someone get into the "black rifle" sport. Your services seem cheap too. Too bad others are reading into it too much.

dirtyJ
04-21-2010, 4:43 PM

No thanks.

Incorrect. There is no constructive possession for assault weapons in CA. If so, every single 07 in the state, and probably most of the 01 and gunsmiths would be in constructive possession.

kaploww
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Incorrect. There is no constructive possession for assault weapons in CA. If so, every single 07 in the state, and probably most of the 01 and gunsmiths would be in constructive possession.

It's not something I'm willing to risk.

Please gents and ladies, if you're not interested in my services. Keep the chatter elsewhere. Not trying to be rude, just trying to keep my thread clean so that I can help others enjoy the sport.