PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein and tunnels

Dont Tread on Me
02-21-2006, 12:01 PM
It appears Feinstein has found a new evil - tunnels comming into the US. I suggest we all write to her to encourage her to dedicate _every_ waking moment to this important problem. She might need some help from Boxer too. Sounds silly, but if she has something bigger than guns to worry about then we might get some peace.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20060221-9999-1m21tunnel.html

The 20 year sentence in interesting. Digging a tunnel into the US is only twice as bad as building a self loading .223 based on the AR platform without a fixed mag....

shopkeep
02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Not a bad idea actually, I'll be sure to voice my concern that I am utterly shocked that people are tunneling into the US and not being charged with digging a tunnel on top of the multitude of other charges already heaped upon them if they're caught illegally crossing the border. As long as she's not whinning about off-list lowers I'm happy.

On a side note I think it's fascinating how two faced the Democraps are on this issue. Let's make sure to give them a 20 year sentence if they get caught digging a tunnel to get into the US. BUT.. once they're here lets MAKE SURE WE GIVE 'em AMNESTY so they can VOTE FOR US!

EBWhite
02-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Is it really illigel to build a tunnel on your own property? I like tunnels!

ldivinag
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Is it really illigel to build a tunnel on your own property? I like tunnels!

but they must have fixed/pinned doors. no accepting/easily removable doors...

Dont Tread on Me
02-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Tunnels on your own land are ok providing they don't have protruding "pistol grip" or "folding" side tunnels. They would be dangerous then.

Sorry, but I'm getting bored waiting to build up my ARs while I'm having to put up with a malfunctioning Keltec in 3 gun matches:-)

glen avon
02-21-2006, 12:31 PM
tunnels don't kill, guns do.

ArmedBear
02-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow!

I didn't think there could be a law with logic as flawed as that behind gun control. But this would be.

Like a drug gang that wouldn't shy away from machine-gunning anyone in their way, and ships literal tons of illegal drugs into the US (from Mexico where the drugs are ALSO illegal), would be scared by the Feinstein law...

Moreover, lots of people own property along the border around here. Why should you risk 20 years of jail time for digging a latrine in the least-useful part of your backyard?:cool:

rips31
02-21-2006, 12:47 PM
tunnels can go thru ballistic vests, too. :rolleyes:

Stanze
02-21-2006, 1:01 PM
Sure, now only criminals will have tunnels to the U.S..:rolleyes:

Will there be a Grandfather clause to already existing tunnels used for legitimate purposes?

1911_sfca
02-21-2006, 2:01 PM
When you outlaw tunnels,

only outlaws will have tunnels.

bbq_ribs
02-21-2006, 2:46 PM
This is how 'evil firearms' are getting into the US. It's not because of law abiding citizens like us buying them, it's from criminals simply walking them across the border! It's not from thugs breaking into houses and "Oh, look! An AK-47!" at all. All across Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and parts of Texas there are huge holes in the border and people are running god knows what back & forth.

Grrr. Stupid Feinstein. She annoys me to no end. Leave the law abiding folks alone. The AW ban expired in 1994. Crime didn't go up. The streets weren't painted with blood. Everything was just fine.

Feinstein, find something useful to tackle instead of this "I'm tough on crime" crap.

/falls off soapbox.

Charliegone
02-21-2006, 4:57 PM
LOL. Man..you guys sure crack me up..:D "outlaws will have them" HAHAHA.

glen avon
02-21-2006, 5:12 PM
I'll bet Feinstein has a concealed tunnel permit.

slowjonn
02-21-2006, 5:28 PM
I'll bet Feinstein has a concealed tunnel permit.

LMAO...What is the defining characteristics of an assault tunnel?

1. Able to accept more than 10 illegals at a time?
2. Exhaust hider vents?
3. Collapsable doors?
4. Forward mounted hand rails?
5. ???

Any others I missed?

mblat
02-21-2006, 5:31 PM

2. Exhaust hider vents?
3. Collapsable doors?
5. ???

Any others I missed?

detachable box style lights?

taloft
02-21-2006, 5:59 PM
Every minute that the press spends on tunnels is a minute that they can't dedicate to the gun grabbers lame propaganda.:cool:

MadMex
02-21-2006, 6:00 PM
Anybody willing to sign the RKBT (right to keep a buried tunnel) petition?

HeHateMe
02-21-2006, 6:06 PM
Dangs, if she bans tunnels, how else am I going to get to China on a budget?!?!?!

Jarhead4
02-21-2006, 6:12 PM
Tunnels donít kill. Coal Mines do!!

ALTSEC972
02-21-2006, 9:51 PM

2. Exhaust hider vents?
3. Collapsable doors?
5. ???

Any others I missed?

how about stair hiders

But in reality, they should make it a capital offense, and add one punishment to it. that being, the land is confiscated by the federal government upon conviction, sold, and it's proceeds are used to fund the new NATIONAL BORDER GUARD, who will be trained and armed by the USMC.

**** like that worked for friggen Reiner and the whole "tobacco taxes to benefit the kids" (we know where that really went)

DSA_FAL
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
We need to have a group buy of off list tunnels.

handbook
02-21-2006, 10:49 PM
what's the minimum length for my tunnel to be legal? 16 feet or 14.5 feet?

Uberdummy
02-21-2006, 11:18 PM
14.5 if you put a permanently fixed awning over the entrance or exit.

DV8
02-22-2006, 7:40 AM
This is how 'evil firearms' are getting into the US. It's not because of law abiding citizens like us buying them, it's from criminals simply walking them across the border! It's not from thugs breaking into houses and "Oh, look! An AK-47!" at all. All across Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and parts of Texas there are huge holes in the border and people are running god knows what back & forth.

So thats why my (LCW) Cuervo TEQ-15 says "hecho en mexico". I thought someone at LCW sent me someone elses lower by mistake!

ldivinag
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
14.5 if you put a permanently fixed awning over the entrance or exit.

tha awning must be at leaast 1.5 feet, and the subsequent tunnel must be at least 30 feet...

LOW2000
02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
There seem to be a ton of prohibited features, but not suprisingly for CA, back doors are A-OK. I guess it's a "loop hole."

Nope, its a poop hole.:p

MadMex
02-22-2006, 2:59 PM
If itís registered as a mine and not a tunnel, can more evil features be added (assuming compliance with mining regs)? After all, explosives are common place in mines.

handbook
02-22-2006, 5:13 PM
If itís registered as a mine and not a tunnel, can more evil features be added (assuming compliance with mining regs)? After all, explosives are common place in mines.

no explosives, or it becomes a destructive device.

also no collapsible tunnel, must be fixed length.

WhiteSands
02-22-2006, 8:44 PM
Chirst, I hate what California has become.:mad:

slowjonn
02-22-2006, 9:23 PM
Chirst, I hate what California has become.:mad:

Amen to that. I can remember when I was a kid, my dad drove around with a rifle and a shotgun in the gun rack of his truck. No one ever *****ed about us shooting and I could go into the local liquor store to buy 22 rounds when I was less than a teenager.:(

slowjonn
02-22-2006, 9:28 PM
I guess there must be a "one a month" law... at least it seems like that's how often our boys find new ones...

You can only dig one tunnel a month if you have your Tunnel Safety Certificate. Not only is there a written test, but you must demonstrate that you can handle a tunnel safely. Don't forget that you must purchase a certified tunnel lock from you FTL (Federal Tunnel License Dealer) and complete the affidavit that you own a certified tunnel safe. Further, you must keep your tunnel away from any children. You know how dangerous a tunnel can be in the hands of a child, especially if the child were to take the tunnel to school!

Justang
02-22-2006, 9:54 PM
If I have good reason, could I get a concealed tunnel permit?

Uberdummy
02-22-2006, 10:23 PM
If I have good reason, could I get a concealed tunnel permit?
Most likely only in the event you use it to transport large sums of money and merchandise.... wait

MadMex
02-23-2006, 2:41 AM
Iím still looking for a loophole. How about chunnels, will they also be regulated for evil features?

MadMex
02-23-2006, 3:50 AM
It has become painfully obvious that many of you have not taken the time and / or do not have the mental capacity to comprehend the articulately written Tunnel FAQ. Please stop wasting our time and do us all the favor. Before asking any more dumb questionsÖ
READ THE TUNNEL FAQ!!!