PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Firearms first annual magazine at Walmart

69Mach1
02-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I was at Walmart in the City of Industry today, and found Barrett Firearms first annual issue in the magazine section. There were at least 5 copies left after I took one for myself. It's 100 pages, all full color, and is similar to the annuals Glock used to print up. All excellent articles covering everything .50 cal. and including the new Barrett .416 and 6.8mm, as well as an interview with Ronnie Barrett. It's $4.95 and I think you might be able to find the annual any place that carries a large selection of magazines. Pick one up just for the great photos. You can't miss it, it's titled "Barrett Tactical Weapons 2006 Annual" in red, and has a desert tan M99 on the cover.

highlandr
02-21-2006, 7:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up, 69Mach1.
I'll keep my eyes open for it in the south bay.

I'm dreaming of a Barrett 6.8 SPC....

/ :cool:

phish
02-21-2006, 7:32 PM
I think Blacklisted is on his way to The Bottle Shop right about now. ;)

I'll cruise by there during lunch tomorrow. :D

Cobrarlc
02-27-2006, 4:18 PM
I picked up the issue yesterday at the Borders in Cerritos. Great reading, now my check book wishes that I didn't pick it up. The 416 is sure looking interesting and so do the 6.8.

phish
02-27-2006, 4:25 PM
I really liked the interview with Ronnie towards the front. He's unashamed and to the point, I like that in a businessman.

The upcoming .416 sounds impressive. It's probably a little too rich for my blood, but it looks cool anyways.

ldivinag
02-27-2006, 5:14 PM
i picked up one in BORDERS in union city. the wallyworld there were out of it or didnt carry it.

while browsing the section, a cute female worker asked me if i needed help.

i asked if they had a list of mags they carry.

she asked "what are you looking for?"

i said as i bent and grab the barrett mag, "i'm looking for a copy of BIG AND BUSTY... oh never mind, i found it."

the funniest was the look of this dude nearby...

CALI-gula
02-27-2006, 6:10 PM
I bought it at Borders in Glendale on Brand on 2/17/06. I figured it would get around to everyone eventually, especially with the recurring topic of the .416 Barrett.

phish
02-27-2006, 6:13 PM
the wallyworld there were out of it or didnt carry it.

You're a brave man.

i said as i bent and grab the barrett mag, "i'm looking for a copy of BIG AND BUSTY... oh never mind, i found it."

the funniest was the look of this dude nearby...

I wish I was there. I would've been laughing my butt off. :D

I'm surprised Borders actually carried it. The Bottle Shop in Fremont carries all kinds of good gun mags, among other monthly publications. :p

82a1
02-27-2006, 8:53 PM
It's really a great magazine. Lotsa in-depth articles - including analysis of the new .416, M468 (their new 6.8 rifle), and, of course, .50 BMG's. There's also a really cool article by Maj. John Plaster (the Ultimate Sniper). He discusses in detail why the Army chose the Barrett 82 over match grade bolt action .50's. According to Plaster, "Employing a .50 caliber rifle as a weapon is about more than tight groups - it's about fast, follow-up shots, to pound at a moving target until it's halted, penetrated or destroyed." Man, I like his writing style. :D