View Full Version : who is watching for the list update???

02-20-2006, 8:28 PM
who is watching for the list update... is there a particular place this it will post? if so. where....

and when things happen is DOJ gonna provide reg materials in a timely fashion... i would hate to run into a hiccup with a time jam...

sorry for the newbie questions....

02-20-2006, 8:34 PM
Don't worry there will be like 10,000,000,000 posts the second the list gets updated. The memo was actually leaked to us about 1 hour before it was posted. Trust me, you'll know :D!

02-20-2006, 8:41 PM
who is watching for the list update...

Everyone here.

02-20-2006, 8:48 PM
+1 to what they said LOL

You won't be able to navigate through these boards blinded-folded without tripping over a post about the ban when it happens...

I am also reasonably confident that some advance warning will be given (i.e. ban will take effect as of such and such a date...maybe a week or two's notice). Of course, this is just a guess on my part. Seems however that an immediate ban isn't feasible. Such would create chaos for the DOJ and FFLs in the process of receiving shipments/running transfers.

Keep in mind that once the ban is announced you'll have 90 days to register.

02-20-2006, 8:55 PM

Everyone here.

What he said.

02-20-2006, 9:04 PM
If you were here when that memo was released, recall how the number of users viewing this category spiked at record numbers and the related threads had new posts nearly every few minutes (keeping them firmly at the top of the topic list). If you weren't, well, active readers topped 250 and the list traffic went berserk.

I think that as long as you check this forum frequently, there's no way you could miss the news.

Of course, I like to check the DOJ web page every now and then, too, but I figure that'll be the last place the news shows up.

02-20-2006, 9:57 PM
have a weird feeling april 1st will be the date...

02-20-2006, 10:19 PM
yeah april fools

02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
I heard they are going to try to make a new class of aw for all the off list loweres that keeps a fixed 10 rnd mag and aw registration. :mad:

02-20-2006, 11:46 PM
So let me understand this better. At this point in time, Many of the variants of the AR are undetermined, as the result of this legal ruling.

So we can now purchase variant recievers that do NOT contain the letters AR in their name? (obviously, provided we DO NOT break the law by putting pistol grips, and 6 point LE stocks, etc. on them) And we then wait for DOJ to get legal determination on them to add to the AW classification?

Would someone who understands this better please pm me about this, with a list of "loophole" recievers. I don't wanna help anyone in CA DOJ by having someone post a full list of them, but I'd love to understand this better.

I'd certainly purchase one, for the express purpose of making my own CA legal reciever (with a fixed mag), if I might have the opportunity to one day turn it into a legally registered AW.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.