PDA

View Full Version : How much does Riflegear charge for assembly?

davy
04-13-2010, 1:07 PM
If I were to bring all the upper and bcg parts in and only purchase the lower (trigger, stock...) from Riflegear, how much would they charge for the assembly? By the hour?

ke6guj
04-13-2010, 1:26 PM
I'm not sure how much they charge, but it isn't that hard to do it yourself.

There's even an assembly guide, http://www.calguns.net/OLL/assembly.html

Riflegear
04-13-2010, 1:43 PM
It depends on what exactly, you're having us assemble. Normally we charge $25 to assemble a lower receiver and between $30-50 to assemble an upper. But like I said, it all depends.

winnre
04-13-2010, 1:47 PM
I don't get the point of doing it yourself. Is it fun like model building? Or are there so many variations there is no way a store can carry them all?

ke6guj
04-13-2010, 2:03 PM
to some people it is fun to assemble stuff. To others, they feel it isn't worth paying someone $25 to assemble a lower when they can do it themselves in 10-15 minutes.

And yes, there are so many ways an AR-pattern firearm can be assembled, that no shop could carry them all. So, many shops carry the common versions and sell lower receivers for those that want to build their own, such as, can't afford to buy the entire gun at once, or want a personalized configuration that nobody offers.

winnre
04-13-2010, 2:32 PM
Good to know! Thanks!

davy
04-13-2010, 6:40 PM
Thanks. I'm probably going to order the parts (upper, bcg, charger) from an online vendor and buy the lower, including the trigger and stock, from riflegear and ask them to put them all together for me.

Yes, I'm a noob. :(

GMG
04-13-2010, 7:57 PM
Thats probably your best decision if you want to know what someone charges for a service.

Contact them directly:sleeping:

dousan
04-13-2010, 9:30 PM
I just assembled my own tonight. First time ever. It definitely wasn't 15 mins. I was mad slow and goofed here and there (easily fixed of course). Next time should be a lot faster of course. It was actually super easy. I was very surprised!!

loopsb
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
What happens when it comes time to clean your bolt etc? :eek:

ke6guj
04-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Thats probably your best decision if you want to know what someone charges for a service.

Contact them directly:sleeping:

Umm, he posted in their forum, and they answered his question in 36 minutes.

corrupt
04-14-2010, 4:29 AM
What happens when it comes time to clean your bolt etc? :eek:

I bought a riflegear upper assembly because they include a lifetime cleaning service.

Oh nevermind, that's the lifetime warranty.