PDA

View Full Version : DOJ seizing receivers question

Astig Boi
02-20-2006, 6:42 PM
Sorry, but I cant sift through all the posts and find what I want, there is just tons of posts and info here. Nor will the search button help me. Can someone plese tell me if DOJ is still seizing receivers? Right now I am about to purchase a receiver, and wouldnt want to purchase if I cant pick one up in 10 days or having to keep re-dro's every 30 days. TIA

Astigy

shopkeep
02-20-2006, 6:46 PM
No, the DOJ seizure was a single event that took place in Milpitas. If they were still seizing recievers I wouldn't be sitting around with 8 of them :D! Please buy as many as you possibly can, it's the best means we have to stick it to the man and put the hurt on the B*****Ds politically.

Soon... very soon... I'll be after some AK recievers. Yeah... I used to call them Soviet Bloc or Combloc recievers, but if the DOJ wants to call my Stags AR-15s and ban them then I'll call these AK-47s.

Astig Boi
02-20-2006, 6:53 PM
GREAT! :) Thanks for the fast reply and a straight answer. That one thread confused me.

stator
02-20-2006, 7:32 PM
No, the DOJ seizure was a single event that took place in Milpitas.

There have been two reported seizures of lowers here. Each a separate incident at a different location.

John S
02-20-2006, 7:43 PM
There have been two reported seizures of lowers here. Each a separate incident at a different location.

Anyone know the story on the first seizure (not Milpitas)?

bwiese
02-20-2006, 7:49 PM
Anyone know the story on the first seizure (not Milpitas)?

Those were lowers of a certain brand that had "AUTO" marking on safety selector in addition to Fire and Safe markings. Even though those lowers were no more or less capable of full auto than other lowers, they were seized.

Apparently the lowers' mfgr helped out the FFL in question by very nicely replacing the 14- 16 (?) seized lowers with ones that were less controversial (no 'AUTO' markings). I do not believe the DOJ has returned these 'AUTO'-marked lowers yet, even though they are clearly not illegal.

The Milpitas situation was a mere relatively minor compliance issue about available safe space.

PIRATE14
02-20-2006, 8:37 PM
Pretty sure it was 16......they missed number 17.

Probably still sittin somewhere in the CWS corporate world........:cool:

Mr 10% still flinches when the word "AUTO" is mentioned.......

RRangel
02-20-2006, 8:43 PM
Yes the first case posted here was tenpercent. Apparently the DOJ didnt like the "full auto" markings even though the they aren't full auto.

bu-bye
02-20-2006, 9:00 PM
Mr 10% still flinches when the word "AUTO" is mentioned.......

HAHAHAHA

I was there that day and everyone at 10% was running on adrenaline though they did handle it well. Its not everyday you have 3 DOJ agents walk in. That was the time when no one knew just how the DOJ would react to everything. We all had letters but that was the first time someone had a safe full of lowers with intent to sell to the public in 5 years.

thanks again Wes;)

tenpercentfirearms
02-20-2006, 9:41 PM
I was trying to keep the Superior Arms replacement under cover until I had them in stock, but I guess that cat is out of the bag. Terry Williams of Superior Arms deserves some business for that customer service. I hope some of you can give him some.

Mr 10% still flinches when the word "AUTO" is mentioned.......I thought for sure they were going to come get the Lauers next because the serial number has a SML in front of it and I am pretty sure it means "Select-fire Machinegun Lower". So Lauer owners beware, I just let the cat out of the bag!

Rumpled
02-20-2006, 9:41 PM
I've recently seen lowers on the shelf for sale with "A" markings.
I might just get one if I can't get something else I'm looking for.

PIRATE14
02-20-2006, 9:44 PM
Those are rare in CALI........but as usual buyer beware or seller as well.....:D

tenpercentfirearms
02-20-2006, 9:45 PM
I would not recommend doing that at all. Sure you might be right, but they have time on their hands and you will have to hire some expensive attorneys to get them back. Proceed with caution.

xenophobe
02-20-2006, 9:46 PM
We are negotiating with a company for "auto" marked lowers. We also have a an official (not DOJ), that is willing to write us a letter stating that regardless of the "auto" marking, they are indeed semi-auto and cannot be converted any easier than ones that aren't marked"... The letter will be from a reliable source even DOJ will have no choice but to acknowlege. Like a twist of a knife in the DOJ's back... lol. I love wildcards. ;)

tenpercentfirearms
02-20-2006, 9:49 PM
The letter will be from a reliable source even DOJ will have no choice but to acknowlege.Good luck, I hope you are successful and if you are, I would love to have a copy of that letter.

xenophobe
02-20-2006, 9:51 PM
Good luck, I hope you are successful and if you are, I would love to have a copy of that letter.

If we do get a deal made, and a letter, we'll be certain to post it publicly, with the author's permission.

I'll PM you the details now though...

EBWhite
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
xeno any news on the letter?

xenophobe
03-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Never tried for it as we never got the lowers in.