PDA

View Full Version : California Right to Keep and Bear Arms Petition

spunk2
02-20-2006, 5:08 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted here yet. Its on glocktalk.com.
As some of you are aware, California has its own Assault Weapons ban, the federal ban expired (sunsetted) in September of 2004.

There is a group trying to collect petition signitures, to vote to ammend the California constitution to include the right of the indavidual to keep and bear arms. In a similar way to how majiuna was made legal in CA. We can get rid of the assault weapons ban and magazine restrictions altogether.

If we work together we can do this. If we each take the petition (and instructions on how to create more petitions) to shooting ranges, gun stores, friends, who-ever - talk to them about it, get them involved and have them make petitions and take it to thier friends, gun stores... and have them take it to thier freinds and so on. We can spread this like gonorrhea through the internet and get back our civil liberties.

I think the deadline for collecting signitures is April 15th. If there are enough signitures the vote will be on Nov 7th.

http://www.tacr.us/ -- The main website (read the links on the left for the petition, petition instuctions, or for how to volunteer).

Hopefully the moderaters will make this sticky

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you want to live in a nation where guns are illegal, move to China." - Me

mblat
02-20-2006, 5:11 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=25043

6172crew
02-20-2006, 5:43 PM
Thanks for passing word! Its one of the ways we will get back some of the rights taken away by Democrats.

jdberger
02-20-2006, 6:03 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted here yet. Its on glocktalk.com.
http://www.tacr.us/ -- The main website (read the links on the left for the petition, petition instuctions, or for how to volunteer).

Hopefully the moderaters will make this sticky

It is the first sticky on the "Gun rights, political, and legal" forum.;)

LOW2000
02-20-2006, 6:28 PM
As of tomorrow afternoon, Ammobros in Cerritos on the LA/OC border will have petitions available for people to come in and sign. I'll probably make a new post of it tomorrow after I drop off their petitions, but since this thread is here I figured i'd give a heads up for all the people in the area who've wanted a location to go to where they can sign. Feel free to pick up some ammo or gear while you're there, its nice to have a local gun/ammo store again and i'd like to see them do well.

AMMOBROS
15961 S. Piuma Ave
Cerritos CA 90703
(562) 865-3980

605S Exit Alondra continue straight onto Piuma they are on the right hand side.

605N Exit Alondra, make a left, pass under freeway, make a left on Piuma, they are on the right hand side.

jdberger
02-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Low2000,
Thanks for your help. Send an email to rkba@sonic.net and give him the details about where you left petitions, to who and who you are.

Welcome to the dark side of volunteering!;)

shecky
02-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Can someone explain how this proposal would actually change things in CA were it to actually pass?

PanzerAce
02-21-2006, 6:15 AM
basically, all current and future firearms laws (except those restricting access by minors, felons, and the mentally incompetent) would be subject to 'strict scrutiny', the same as all efforts to restrict the 1st A. Essentially, the govt would have to prove that there is a valid cause for a firearms law, not random PR bull****

jnojr
02-21-2006, 1:37 PM
As of tomorrow afternoon, Ammobros in Cerritos on the LA/OC border will have petitions available for people to come in and sign. I'll probably make a new post of it tomorrow after I drop off their petitions, but since this thread is here I figured i'd give a heads up for all the people in the area who've wanted a location to go to where they can sign. Feel free to pick up some ammo or gear while you're there, its nice to have a local gun/ammo store again and i'd like to see them do well.

AMMOBROS
15961 S. Piuma Ave
Cerritos CA 90703
(562) 865-3980

Once they're there, could you fire off a quick email to rkba@sonic.net so he can add that info to http://rkba.members.sonic.net/petition_locations.htm