View Full Version : Registering Handguns

02-20-2006, 4:02 PM
I have two revolvers that I was given by my parents around 1983 (I was 14 yrs. old). One was purchased at a local gunstore, so I know it got registered to my step-dad at that time. The other was a private party purchase, no dealer involved, (remember, this was the early 1980's). I turned 18 (I guess they actually became legally mine when I turned 18) in 1987. Moved out of Kali in 1993, left the handguns with my mom. Returned to the PRK in 1998, and got my handguns back from my mom. Question, am I supposed to register them?

02-21-2006, 3:47 PM

02-21-2006, 3:50 PM
I would not. You guys have owned them long enough to have history.

02-21-2006, 4:01 PM
ok the "well I wouldn't" isn't really going to answer the question.

No, you do not have to "register them". They were properly given to you by your father when the "operation of law or familial transfer form" wasn't required. But it might be prudent to fill out the form and send it in with the 20 bucks. You can find the form by running a search "operation of law or intrafamilial transfer form DOJ". This will take you to the proper form, print it, and mail it in with the 20 bucks to register.

Or you can do nothing. Either way, you are covered.

02-21-2006, 4:10 PM
Thank you gentleman. :)