PDA

View Full Version : Another check down the DOJ drain

gose
02-20-2006, 4:38 PM
GAH, $171 to register my lawfully owned firearms...

CA really sucks sometimes.

blkA4alb
02-20-2006, 4:49 PM
what did you have to register? and why?

gose
02-20-2006, 4:52 PM
Had to register my handguns. My crime? Moving into the state. The penalty? 9x$19 :(

blkA4alb
02-20-2006, 4:57 PM
but what kind of law abiding citizen needs NINE handguns:eek:...my gosh you evil person. yea it hurts less when buying them one at a time:) then again i only have one...so far

gose
02-20-2006, 5:19 PM
but what kind of law abiding citizen needs NINE handguns:eek:...my gosh you evil person. yea it hurts less when buying them one at a time:) then again i only have one...so far

Hell, its even worse! I'm not even a citizen! I'm a foreigner importing non-approved handguns ;)

blkA4alb
02-20-2006, 5:25 PM
a foreigner?!? handguns not on the list..tisk tisk tisk. just jokin, where are you from? and if i may ask what evil handguns are you bringing in to sell to me?:D

gose
02-20-2006, 5:28 PM
a foreigner?!? handguns not on the list..tisk tisk tisk. just jokin, where are you from? and if i may ask what evil handguns are you bringing in to sell to me?:D

Sweden
four SIG 210s and one Pardini GT9

blkA4alb
02-20-2006, 5:45 PM
awesome, ive been really interested in the nordic countries and europe is awesome. paris twice and switzerland/italy for 2.5 weeks. ive never heard of a pardini, care to share a picture or link? oh and welcome to the PRK.

gose
02-20-2006, 5:52 PM
awesome, ive been really interested in the nordic countries and europe is awesome. paris twice and switzerland/italy for 2.5 weeks. ive never heard of a pardini, care to share a picture or link? oh and welcome to the PRK.

http://www.nimbus1951.net/images/pardini/pardini09a.jpg

Its a sweeet single-action, competition-grade racegun ;) Fully adjustable trigger, almost as accurate as my 210s and the ergonomics are wonderful!
It's like a Sig Sauer X5, but better in every way ;)

blkA4alb
02-20-2006, 5:58 PM
it looks like it resembles a 1911, im sure ill get flamed for that. if you want a cheap and cheap to shoot pistol, the beretta u22 neos is awesome. i just put a red dot on mine and it blows me away. ill have to get some pics of a former target;). the gun only cost i think 285. ill usually shoot a brick everytime i go to the range:D

EDIT: and yea, that was totally off topic, it just came out you know:D

shopkeep
02-20-2006, 6:24 PM
You mean there are actually countries in Europe other than Switzerland that will allow their citizens to possess a handgun?

gose
02-20-2006, 6:46 PM
You mean there are actually countries in Europe other than Switzerland that will allow their citizens to possess a handgun?

Heh, all countries except the UK allow people to own handguns. Quite a few allow "evil" rifles, including full-autos, and a few allow CCWs. Most countries have better laws than California, but I guess that doesn't say much...

Charliegone
02-20-2006, 7:25 PM
I've heard one of the Nordic countries allow silencers!:eek: Geez, we should be called The planet of California. We are wayyyyyy out there.

gose
02-20-2006, 7:40 PM
I've heard one of the Nordic countries allow silencers!:eek: Geez, we should be called The planet of California. We are wayyyyyy out there.

In Finland silencers can be bought in any gunstore, for any gun, without any paperwork or registration.
I think it might be the same in Norway, but not really sure. Silencers are legal, but "might" require paperwork.
In Sweden they have proposed new regulations making it easier ("shall-issue" for hunting purposes) to ge a silencer (atm ok by law, but impossible to get a permit) for all rifles > .22lr. Registration is and will be required.
No idea about Denmark

jtv3062
02-20-2006, 7:49 PM
I remember reading that in France its required one to use a silencer while hunting close to homes.

dwtt
02-20-2006, 7:49 PM
I think it's really a cultural difference. Here in the US the media, politicians, and Hollywood have driven into the brain of most nongun owning people that guns are good for committing crimes and nothing else.

highlandr
02-21-2006, 4:24 PM
http://www.nimbus1951.net/images/pardini/pardini09a.jpg

Its a sweeet single-action, competition-grade racegun ;) Fully adjustable trigger, almost as accurate as my 210s and the ergonomics are wonderful!
It's like a Sig Sauer X5, but better in every way ;)

gose -

Thanks for sharing the Pardini info and link to pics. First I've heard of this piece, will have to do some more investigating since you now have me interested.

Is the link to your own site? If so, you have displayed a talent with the camera. Also wondering when you'll complete the "Bike" page....

/ :cool:

snobordr
02-21-2006, 5:49 PM
I remember reading that in France its required one to use a silencer while hunting close to homes.

Yeah, I think its something about the sound of gunshots that drives them out of their homes ready to surrender.

:D

j/k, I love the french, they are kind of like red headed step children in a lot of ways.

leelaw
02-21-2006, 6:26 PM
You know those Sig P210s are just terrible things. Please let me know when you would like to sell one for $100. :D

M1A Rifleman
02-22-2006, 7:06 AM
Thank you for adding additional funding to our great crime fighting organization - the DOJ, for they will make us all safer without guns.:rolleyes:

gose
02-22-2006, 2:46 PM
Heh, just noticed I had a missed call on my cell phone, area code 916. I wonder who that could be ;)

EBWhite
02-22-2006, 2:52 PM
I dont know but there is something about euro handguns (hk, sig) guns that i could care less for. Maybe it is the hand slicing safety on the side of the slide.

leelaw
02-22-2006, 8:40 PM
I dont know but there is something about euro handguns (hk, sig) guns that i could care less for. Maybe it is the hand slicing safety on the side of the slide.

You COULD care less? So you DO care about them? ;)

And HKs and Sigs have a safety on the slide? Are mine some kind of prototype without said safety? :confused: