PDA

View Full Version : How many can you carry w/CA CHL?

Paladin
02-20-2006, 2:46 PM
I know the CA CHL is good for only the three registered & listed handguns, but is there a restriction on how many of the three are you allowed to carry at the same time? If I had a CA CHL I would want to carry a back-up gun (BUG) when visiting or going thru a high crime area.

m1371
02-20-2006, 8:38 PM
I know the CA CHL is good for only the three registered & listed handguns, but is there a restriction on how many of the three are you allowed to carry at the same time? If I had a CA CHL I would want to carry a back-up gun (BUG) when visiting or going thru a high crime area.

There's no restriction as far as I know.

If you've got three handguns listed on your CCW permit, you can carry all of them simultaneously.

E__WOK
02-21-2006, 9:16 AM
There are no restrictions on the # of guns you can desire to carry. You can put down 100 handguns and carry all of them. If you get caught carrying a gun not on the permit, then you will be fcked.

Paladin
02-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the three replies.

I know about packing.org and did not see this issue addressed there.

Do any of you have CHLs (i.e., have successfully gone thru the process)? Was this issue addressed during that process?

E_WOK: "There are no restrictions on the # of guns you can desire to carry. You can put down 100 handguns and carry all of them." Where do you "put [them] down"? The license only has spaces for 3 handguns. How will the officer be able to ck the serial number of the one you're carrying against your license if it is not one of those three? Call on his radio? If so, why even put any serial numbers on the license?

BTW at this point this is all an academic discussion for me in particular until Kali changes its laws or I move to another county.

Brass Balls
02-22-2006, 12:44 PM
There isn't a legal based restriction on the number of handguns allowed on one's permit, however there are only three lines on the permit to list the guns. Some areas allow only one, others will allow as many as you can fit on the permit, but that's only going to be maybe 5. At least that is the maximum that I have heard of. I also don't think there is a law that requires the permitted guns be on the current DOJ approved list. There's no restriction on how many of the guns on the permit can be carried at one time.