PDA

View Full Version : C&R Renewal

wtrtroughreg
04-11-2010, 2:49 PM
My C&R License won't expire until Nov 1, but I was wondering if ATF sends a renewal form or if I will have to request one, and how far in advance do you have to start on the paperwork? Are there any special requirements that need to be done with the renewal? Thanks for the information.

darkest2000
04-11-2010, 2:55 PM
I'd like to know too, my C&R expires July 1st but consider that it took them 3 months to process it the first time I really should start on my renewal paperwork now.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-11-2010, 2:59 PM
ATF should send you a renewal application. If you get within two months of your license expiring and you don't have a renewal application yet then you should contact the Licensing Center to let them know.

As long as you have sent in a completed renewal application then you don't have to worry about your FFL expiring during the renewal process.

thefifthspeed
04-11-2010, 3:05 PM
I was sent a renewal notice in Nov 09 and my C&R expired in Feb 10 so I got mine about 2-3 months before. Since I got mine so early I stuck it in the closet and forgot about it and my C&R expired because of that. I had to re-apply for a new one and it took about 2 months .

johnthomas
04-11-2010, 3:16 PM
I also got mine 2 months before it expires. I also got my coe renewal. I need to mail it out.

RaceDay
04-11-2010, 5:06 PM
I got mine about 2 months before the old one expired. I got the new one about 2 weeks later.

GDM
04-11-2010, 7:10 PM
I've had a C&R for about 6 years now two renewals in my belt and from my past exp, they should send you a renewal 2 to 3 months before exp date. Mine came this past Jan, sent it off in Feb got my new one exactly 30 days later. Good for another 3 years.:43: