PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: shooting buddy

OliveCookieMonsta
04-10-2010, 1:46 PM
Anyone looking for a new shooting buddy? I enjoy taking classes and finding new places to shoot however I also find I get a lil nervous alone in the woods or even in training clinics full of men. I like traveling so I'm up for that. Also I'm really interested in more long range practice. So if you have info and wanna practice... Let me know. This sounds like a singles ad huh haha.  Its not!
I'm in the central Cali area... Have started shooting idpa and would like to learn lots more about it.

We should have a ladies meet, shoot out or something so we could all get a chance to meet and share news. Any takers?
-D

pigman
04-10-2010, 2:08 PM
Good luck, most people say they are into shooting but never "have the time" to go and actually shoot, 1,0000000 reason whey they cant go, or if they have time they are really old or so out of shape, your afraid to take them out in the woods :) People may own 20 guns and have 2000 post on this site but shoot 3 times a year.

-what happened to your shooting buddy? did they "get lost" in the woods after a shoot?.. (just kidding) maybe....??

OliveCookieMonsta
04-10-2010, 2:38 PM
Haha although it sounds fun, I wasn't thinking of a 2000ft climb or three day trek in the woods... More of a meet me at the range or the class so I have another girl to talk to haha.
And I go shooting probably once a week for fun. So a weekend every month was what I was thinking... Different instruction and techniques are cool to learn.

Hmm. Not sure really why my old shooting buddy didn't wanna hang out anymore. Maybe they thought I wasn't good enough, some shooters are a bit snobby! Haha. So that means I need more target practice ; )

NorCalMama
04-10-2010, 6:29 PM
Where in Central CA?

OliveCookieMonsta
04-10-2010, 7:19 PM
Norcal, I'm in fresno area. I'll be at the vallejo gunshow in June with some of the ladies on this board also, if u r going.
D

NorCalMama
04-11-2010, 8:20 AM
Yep, I'm going to be there all of Sunday.

Steyrlp10
04-11-2010, 9:39 AM
Ladies, June will be a great time to hash out details in person. I'm lame with IDPA, but I like hearing the "ping" of steel plates :)

Again, thanks for helping me out with the gun show booth. I think we're going to have a fun time! (Girls' Day at a gun show - lol)

FreedomMom
04-11-2010, 7:42 PM
Hi Ladies-I'm in SoCal...San Diego. If your ever down here let me know and I'd love to shoot with you all! I shoot IDPA @ Pala reservation as often as I can.