View Full Version : PO Box to get CCW?

02-19-2006, 1:21 AM
Okay, sorry if this has been addressed before or if this is a stupid question, but if I were to get a PO box in, say Madera or Kern county would it be any easier to get a CCW permit? I live in SB county and to my knowledge, CCW permits are almost impossible to come by here. Thanks for taking the time to read this, much appreciated!

02-19-2006, 3:46 AM
You need to be able to show proof of residency at that address, ie- rental agreement & utility bills for the address you are claiming.

You can't do that with a PO Box.

If you get caught falsifying this information on a CCW application you can be prosecuted.

Is it worth it to you?

02-19-2006, 7:01 AM
have you tried in SB county.I heard that they issue them pretty eaisly as long as you can show good cause but that is just what i heard so i'm not sure

Brass Balls
02-19-2006, 7:20 AM
San Bernadino, from what I recall reading, is supposed to be one of the better counties for an average good citizen to obtain a permit in.

02-19-2006, 7:33 AM
May be He means Santa Barbara County

Brass Balls
02-19-2006, 8:33 AM
Ah, you're probably right, Leo.

02-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I was unaware that this practice was illegal. I guess I'm just going to have to move to New Hampshire or Vermont. Or get more involved in the RKBA movement here in CA.

- Hank Rearden

P.S. I was referring to Santa Barbara county. Sorry for the confusion.