PDA

View Full Version : Loading PBR 2 done...

RolinThundr
04-10-2010, 8:22 AM
I have no clue what the message "Loading PBR 2 done..." means but that is about as far as my laptop seems to get. We just reformatted it and the battery (about 5 years old) died. On my last attempt to use the laptop on its dying battery, that message appeared. I have a brand new battery straight from Dell, and that message has appeared again and the computer seems to be stuck on a black screen displaying just that message. HELP!!

JDay
04-10-2010, 9:38 AM
That message means that your partition table is corrupted, you need to do a clean reinstall of the OS. Be sure to delete the partitions and recreate them when you do this. Or you can just use the system restore discs.

RolinThundr
04-10-2010, 9:41 AM
What is the best way to do that? I don't think I've ever done that on previous reformats.

JDay
04-10-2010, 10:44 AM
What is the best way to do that? I don't think I've ever done that on previous reformats.

During install, when you get to the screen where you choose what drive to install Windows on you just delete the drives then select the unpartitioned free space to install.

todd2968
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
It means it is busy drinking 2 Pabst Blue Ribbons