PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 w/ Youtube sound Help

bden
04-09-2010, 8:42 PM
I just installed Win 7, and now some youtube videos work fine, but many only play sound for the first second or less and then just buzz. Any ideas? I have the sound issues with many different videos, and believe I am using the latest Flash player since I just downloaded it this afternoon.

armygunsmith
04-09-2010, 8:56 PM
Have you tried a different browser? Are you using the latest video and sound drivers, and do you have at least 2GB of ram? If you haven't done it yet, reinstall flash then restart your computer.

bden
04-09-2010, 9:12 PM
I'm using Firefox, switched to IE to test, same problem. Sound drivers look good. I'll double check video ones now. I've got 2 gb RAM. If updating the video driver doesn't do it I'll try reinstalling flash. Thanks for the tips!

bden
04-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Dang, no dice. Updated the video drivers, reinstalled flash, tried IE.

Mute
04-10-2010, 9:52 AM
It could be related to wave mapping issues. If you're comfortable digging around in registry editor do the following:

Open regedt32 and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, look for the entry wavemapper and make sure the listed entry is msacm32.drv. If wavemapper doesn't exist, right click and select New. Then, select String value, type wavemapper,hit ENTER. Hit ENTER again and type msacm32.drv, Hit ENTER. Close the registry editor and reboot your computer. See if that works.

bden
04-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Ack! I've monkeyed with the reg in the past, but am quite gun shy about doing so anymore, and quite honestly forget how to get in there. I'm sure I could figure it out, but with the luck I've had with this thing I think I'd almost rather see if it just needs a drink of water instead ;-) I'm half convinced Satan resides in there somewhere. If I can get one of my tech savvy friends over here for a bit I'll have them take a poke at that. Thanks for the tip!

JDay
04-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Install Google Chrome and see if you have issues, Google Chrome will play Youtube video's using HTML5 and h.264.

http://www.youtube.com/html5