PDA

View Full Version : Contender G2 Frames

Overkill
02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
With SB 269 now in effect, is it possible to buy the contender G2 frame kits that are available? I know that the bill allows for the sale of single shot pistols with a barrel over 6" and an overall length of 10 1/2" when assembled. However, it doesn't seem to address if the pistol has to be complete (with barrel) at the time of purchase, of if I can buy the frame only and add the barrel later.

Rumpled
02-18-2006, 5:43 PM
I'm gonna bet you're gonna have to buy a complete pistol.
Buying a .22 is probably the best option if you already have other barrels to use.

klmmicro
02-20-2006, 1:31 AM
With SB 269 now in effect, is it possible to buy the contender G2 frame kits that are available? I know that the bill allows for the sale of single shot pistols with a barrel over 6" and an overall length of 10 1/2" when assembled. However, it doesn't seem to address if the pistol has to be complete (with barrel) at the time of purchase, of if I can buy the frame only and add the barrel later.

Being an Encore shooter, I have had this very same question. So far, all of the shops I have spoken with have said that I need to order the complete pistol and not just the frame. I guess they are reading it in the technical terms of dimensions. Seems kind of funny. I have not taken the approach of buying a frame from say Gunbroker and then doing a P2P transfer yet.