PDA

View Full Version : Oh, I wish I lived in a free state!

jdberger
02-17-2006, 10:39 PM
So I could get me one of these (I've always had a soft spot for bullpups).

http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/images/large/products/fn_cb_fs2000_LRG.jpg

The FN FS2000 is a compact, reliable and accurate semi-auto only carbine with a 17.4" civilian-legal barrel and is suitable for security, personal defense or competition. The gas-operated system fires a wide variety of 223 Rem. (5.56x45mm NATO) ammunition fed from standard M16-style magazines. Fired cases are ejected through a forward port away from the operator. The FS2000 sports adjustable iron sights and a top-mounted M1913 rail for mounting optical, electronic or laser sighting systems. An angled-face muzzle brake helps minimize recoil.

ERGONOMICS:
The FS2000 is truly ambidextrous and includes forward eject. The bullpup design makes the FS2000 very compact for a carbine with a full-length barrel. It is light with the center of balance directly over the strong hand.

There are NO pre-ban versions available. Do not order one if you live in a state with an assault weapon ban.

Pre-order selling price is $1999.00

http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=262&products_id=117

BigAL
02-18-2006, 5:45 AM
$2000? Ouch. I live in a free state and won't pay that for the FS2000. Hopefully this does well and they decide to sell the SCAR. I am interested in that.

Ford8N
02-18-2006, 5:51 AM
I'm not a fan of the bullpup. But it does look interesting. Where do the spent cases come out? I'd like to try it out. But I would never buy one. $2000!

saki302
02-18-2006, 5:55 AM
Hmm..

Plug the thumbhole, ditch the flash hider, replace with a muzzle brake 1" longer, and you're ready to roll.

I would guess two carefully carved blocks of balsa wood, glued together to fill the thumbhole and coated in tool dip on the ourtside (to look like black plastic) would fit the bill nicely while not looking too out of place. Polymer would be ideal, but I have no idea how to work with that stuff.

The beauty of it is, it does take pre-ban AR mags which you (should) already own!

-Dave

BigAL
02-18-2006, 5:58 AM
I'm not a fan of the bullpup. But it does look interesting. Where do the spent cases come out? I'd like to try it out. But I would never buy one. $2000!

The spent cases eject forward of the chamber and slide down a chute where they fall out underneath the front sight on the right hand side. Supposed to make it lefty friendly. I dunno if this could lead to jams as this seems pretty complicated.

saki302
02-18-2006, 6:05 AM
And here it is! :D

http://home.earthlink.net/~sasaki888/caok.jpg

saki302
02-18-2006, 6:08 AM
The spent cases eject forward of the chamber and slide down a chute where they fall out underneath the front sight on the right hand side. Supposed to make it lefty friendly. I dunno if this could lead to jams as this seems pretty complicated.

I noticed that at the SHOT show. I asked the FN guy if there was a way to clear the spent cases from the chute when you're done shooting- he said it's easy to clear but didn't elaborate. It would suck to have to punch them out with a cleaning rod.

No brass catcher required- just shoot over a 5 gallon bucket :D

-Dave

xenophobe
02-18-2006, 5:22 PM
I noticed that at the SHOT show. I asked the FN guy if there was a way to clear the spent cases from the chute when you're done shooting- he said it's easy to clear but didn't elaborate. It would suck to have to punch them out with a cleaning rod.

No brass catcher required- just shoot over a 5 gallon bucket :D

-Dave

Wow.... I really want one of those! And a PS90... and a 556... and a 550 for that matter, and SBRs, and silencers.... man, I love Cali, but it's really starting to suck, seeing all these new toys. :(

shopkeep
02-18-2006, 7:05 PM
Reasons why despite having crappy gun laws I don't leave California:

1. In most other states it is completely legal to smoke anywhere you want and I'd rather not spend my weekend hacking up second hand smoke in bars and clubs.

2. I can tow my boat about 2 blocks down the street to fish and enjoy the river all year round. I can even park my boat in at the Metro docks and crash there after partying.

3. Yosemite, Monterey, Napa Valley, the Mojave Desert, and so much more!

4. There's only snow if you decide to drive a few hours and then you can drive home and the snow is gone.

5. I love spending most of the year outside enjoying my spa, pool, and BBQing.

6. Know of any free states where you can easily find jobs that pay over $100,000?

How's that for starters?

saki302
02-18-2006, 8:45 PM
My reasons-

1. Family- almost all my family is here, a few overseas in Hong Kong, and I have one uncle in NC, plus the wife's family is here.

2. Money. For sure, the money is too good here to leave (yet).

If I save up enough money over the next decade or so, a small ranch out in AZ wouldn't be a bad investment- somewhere to spend the weekend and shoot your legal class III stuff :D

For now, I find almost ANY rifle not named onthe Kasler list can be made Cali legal. It just requires substantial molestation in some cases. Only the PS90 and FS2000 have caught my eye though. The Sig 556 wouldn't be bad either- pull the PG, add an A2 fixed stock, and you're set!

-Dave

TonyM
02-18-2006, 8:59 PM
6. Know of any free states where you can easily find jobs that pay over $100,000?

Who needs that salary when the equity from a home bought here 5 years ago will get you 2 paid in full in the free world?

It is harder to pick up and move than people make it sound though. I'd do it if I had family that I liked somewhere, or some friends, but most of mine are either here, or someplace I wouldn't move for any reason.

BigMac
02-19-2006, 5:58 AM
LOL, my jobs keep getting farmed out and now I work as a contractor for WAY less money.. moneys temporary I'm looking forward to some freedom.

Turbinator
02-19-2006, 7:43 AM

Easily? I must be looking in the wrong places. Tell me where to look so I can hook up my friends and family.

Turby

shopkeep
02-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Easily? I must be looking in the wrong places. Tell me where to look so I can hook up my friends and family.

Turby

I'm in the Sales business and my wife is in the Legal field.

Put simply, people in California have more money to spend on things and high legal fees.

grammaton76
02-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Heh, I have to say that if anyone wants to move to a free state and buy a bunch of toys, then they should first work in California to save up the fortune they're going to spend on class-3 toys and such during their first 6 months out of state. ;)