PDA

View Full Version : C&R Purchase Question

TWoods450
04-08-2010, 8:28 AM
Let me start by saying I'm a total newb when it comes to buying older guns, I found a site that my buddy has ordered a handgun from before, that purchase went fine so I feel ok buying from them. They have a Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant Rifle for a good deal that I was thinking of picking up but it says that 03C&R is needed to purchase. Would this mean that I need a C&R license to take possession or the FFL doing the transfer would need to have C&R? I asked the company but they were confused by my question.

M. D. Van Norman
04-08-2010, 9:08 AM
You either need to have a C&R FFL yourself, or you must order the rifle through an FFL dealer.

Flyin Brian
04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Here are 4 possible options:

1) Apply for your 03FFL C&R license and order the rifle from the out of state dealer with no extra fees or charges, but it will take about 2 to 3 months to complete the application process and $30 for a 3 year license.

2) pay around $60 to $100+ to have an 01FFL (local gun store) receive the rifle for you and do the DROS plus 10 day waiting period.

3) Buy one at Big 5 and pay DROS fees, 10 day waiting period.

4) Buy one from a private party locally and as long as you are not prohibited from owning a rifle, you can take it home that day, no fees, no DROS, nada.

If you choose #4 I have a 1925 hex receiver I am looking to sell for $125 :)