PDA

View Full Version : Another Week, No Ban

Rumpled
02-17-2006, 4:14 PM
Looks like this week's list was just posted. Nothing gun related.
Keep Buying!

http://www.oal.ca.gov/reg_notice.htm

bwiese
02-17-2006, 4:27 PM
The gun attorney I've communicated with earlier this week, w/regards to our rebutting the recent DOJ memo, has not yet heard back from the DOJ on whether they're gonna continue on their delusional thinking.

I also suspect DOJ may wannna know the newest brands/models of lowers available from the SHOT Show and may've delayed listing due to this. I suspect they want the 1st cut of the list to be pretty fresh & complete.

[BTW, if you really want a nice neat new complete S&W M&P-15 carbine, now is the time to get one: have your CA FFL arrange with an out-of-state vendor or intermediary FFL to affix a 10rd nondetachable mag in it ;) ]

82a1
02-17-2006, 4:35 PM
That new S&W M&P 15 is sweet! It's actually on the cover of the latest Guns & Ammo magazine. Hopefully, they'll sell complete uppers, as well. :)

bwiese
02-17-2006, 4:57 PM
That new S&W M&P 15 is sweet! It's actually on the cover of the latest Guns & Ammo magazine. Hopefully, they'll sell complete uppers, as well. :)

Probably not, from my discussion w/S&W at SHOT Show. They're in the complete gun biz.

HEUER
02-18-2006, 12:28 PM
I think we will hear someting in March. I hope. ;)

tenpercentfirearms
02-18-2006, 2:10 PM
Nope, the S&W guys at SHOT were pretty snotty and they said complete rifles only. My understanding is the upper is simply contracted out from STAG anyway.

PIRATE14
02-18-2006, 2:47 PM
Why gun people get like that.....I don't know but you've seen it happen here as well.

S&W prob won't be available to late spring....early summer...

If you got the dough.....we got the rifles...:D

PIRATE14
02-18-2006, 2:50 PM
So much for staying on topic.....ya the standard word out of DOJ is still a month.....broken record.....:cool:

Ford8N
02-18-2006, 5:03 PM
So much for staying on topic.....ya the standard word out of DOJ is still a month.....broken record.....:cool:

Excellent.

phish
02-18-2006, 7:46 PM
I have a feeling they waited after until SHOT so they could compile the "uber list". I guess this is good for those that are late to the game.

shopkeep
02-19-2006, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling they waited after until SHOT so they could compile the "uber list". I guess this is good for those that are late to the game.

And for those of us who now have the complete AR collection and are looking to move on to AKs.

Now that I have 4 STAG-15s, 1 STAG-6.8, two carbon fiber lowers, and a .308 lower it's time for some AKs.

blkA4alb
02-19-2006, 1:01 PM
And for those of us who now have the complete AR collection and are looking to move on to AKs.

Now that I have 4 STAG-15s, 1 STAG-6.8, two carbon fiber lowers, and a .308 lower it's time for some AKs.
way ahead of ya, 5 ar lowers and one ak lower. still dont have any since there all in the 10 day waiting. ill pick up my first lower on friday:D :D i cant wait

grammaton76
02-19-2006, 1:11 PM
way ahead of ya, 5 ar lowers and one ak lower. still dont have any since there all in the 10 day waiting. ill pick up my first lower on friday:D :D i cant wait

Oh, we're having THAT contest again eh? 10 AR lowers, one AK lower, 2 MGI's on order, and hoping to order some more AK's.

blkA4alb
02-19-2006, 1:43 PM
dont ya think 10 ar lowers is maybe a LITTLE excessive:rolleyes:? depending when the list is updated ill be selling 2 of my lowers to a buddy. he wants his and hers guns:p

PIRATE14
02-19-2006, 8:22 PM
only when you go past 100 would u be considered excessive, than u might have more than me.............might:cool:

Hey stay on topic.........

snacks
02-20-2006, 7:36 AM
pirate14

Wondering if you would consider selling ak receivers.

Just wondering if anyone has asked you about that. :)

tenpercentfirearms
02-20-2006, 8:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone has asked you about that.Probably more times than you could imagine! At least that is my experience.

grammaton76
02-21-2006, 2:01 PM
pirate14

Wondering if you would consider selling ak receivers.

Just wondering if anyone has asked you about that. :)

***ROFL*** Pirate can attest that I'm merciless in hounding him about AK's, and have been since December. :)

I think we're going to have to order them ourselves, FFLs overall don't seem to be too interested in stocking them here, although Chris up at Bright Spot had a few in stock a while ago. I believe it's because the AK market actually has more profit with a transfer fee than in marking up most receivers by even 25%...