PDA

View Full Version : ACTION ITEM, w/updates: Latest info from the CA Fish & Game Commission Hearing

H Paul Payne
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
<<<< Send this entire message, including yesterday's (included herein), to all hunters and groups that you know >>>>

========================
UPDATED INFORMATION - 4/8/2010
========================

I received a call from John S************ from the CA Fish and Game Commission <<< at 0651hrs >>> stating that I shouldn't have posted the message to contact the commission on anything related to legislation, since (he claimed) the Commission can't take a position on legislation. I didn't bother explaining that I knew that the Commission often does take positions on pending legislation. In fact, they can act upon pending legislation in different ways. They can voice direct support or opposition of a bill, or (as in this instance) they can considering supporting/implementing regulations that has the same or similar affect as the legislation being discussed.

AB2223, or similar regulations, will ban the use of lead shot in State Wildlife Management Areas. See: http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?s...3&year=2010 (http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab2223&year=2010)

I explained that Commissioner Mike Sutton's actions have forced me to alert our members and rally them to action against any support for AB2223 and/or regulations that have a similar effect as AB2223. Mr. S************ was very clear that the result of my message would only "make the Fish & Game staff mad" because our messages are "overloading their Blackberrys."

After speaking with him for awhile, I agreed to post a "clarifying statement" everywhere that I posted my previous message. This entire message is that "clarifying statement".

POINTS TO REMEMBER:
1) Whether or not the CA Fish & Game Commission directly supports AB2223 as legislation or drafts regulations that has a similar effect, we must urge them to OPPOSE THE LEAD AMMO/SHOT BAN!
2) Please consider the statement of Mr. S************ regarding the email messages. He prefers that we contact their office via fax at (916) 653-5040 or email at fgc@fgc.ca.gov .
3) However you chose to contact the Commission, please make sure to ask that your comments are forwarded to each of the Commissioners and that they understand that you oppose the lead ammo/shot ban in any form.
4) Be polite when you speak with them.

As it stands now, the CA Fish & Game Commission will consider the adoption of regulations that have an effect that is similar to AB2223 sometime in the near future. Probably this Summer. We don't yet have the exact date, but will notify you when we get it.

ACTION REQUESTED:
1) Keep up the pressure. Call, write, fax, and email.
2) Be sure to ask that your comments are forwarded to each of the Commissioners and that they understand that you oppose the lead ammo/shot ban in any form.
3) Send this entire message to every hunter, gun owner, club, and sportsman that you know.

In my opinion, it's a great thing that our state employees are up and at work so they can make business calls before 7:00am on weekdays. I think he was he surprised when I answered his call! http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Paul

=============================
END OF UPDATED INFORMATION - 4/8/2010
=============================

CA Fish and Game Commissioner Mike Sutton is, once again, supporting increasing the ban on lead ammunition within California. This time he is doing it by supporting AB2223 http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab2223&year=2010 .

ACTION REQUESTED:
STEP 1: CALL RIGHT NOW! Call the California Fish and Game Commission NOW and tell them not to support AB2223. (916) 653-4899

STEP 2: Please (repeatedly) write, fax, and call the California Fish and Game Commission and request that they oppose all efforts to extend the ban on lead ammunition.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Although the NRA vigorously opposed AB821 back in 2007, it is now law. However, it is unfortunate that the CA. Fish & Game Commission expanded the restrictions much farther than those required by AB821. Therefore, the NRA urges you to contact the CA. Fish & Game Commission and voice your opposition to even more enhanced restrictions that are included in AB2223.

CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE CA. FISH & GAME COMMISSION:
Mailing Address:
California Fish and Game Commission
1416 Ninth Street
P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090

Phone Number:
(916) 653-4899

Fax Number:
(916) 653-5040

E-Mail: (Please include "Oppose AB2223" in the e-mail subject line.)
Submit written comments, via electronic mail to:
John Carlson, Jr., Executive Director fgc@fgc.ca.gov
Jon K. Fischer, Deputy Executive Director - Regulations and Policy jfischer@fgc.ca.gov
Adrianna Shea, Deputy Executive Director - Special Advisor to the Commissioners ashea@fgc.ca.gov

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please continue to apply pressure on the F & G Commission to oppose further efforts to ban lead ammunition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6172crew
04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Gents, this was stopped with the help of the NRA last year. There was one guy on the board and 2 people from the other side who were for more bans.

I can remember at least 5 Calgunners and a room of NRA experts who proved the ban was put in place by false information.

Time to light up the phones again. Thanks for the heads up Paul! One click sent!

Peter W Bush
04-07-2010, 12:48 PM
This is some real BS. All this will do is convince me to drive an extra few hours to Arizona to do my upland and rabbit hunting. Hunting with steel sucks.

freonr22
04-07-2010, 1:17 PM
Any suggestions/critic before emailing? any further points to address? I am not a hunter...

Please do not make law abiding Citizens of our great country Criminals with AB2223

STATE-WIDE LEAD SHOT BAN - AB 2223, as amended, Nava. Wildlife management areas: nontoxic shot.
The Ridley-Tree Condor Preservation Act requires the use of nonlead centerfire rifle and pistol ammunition when taking big game and coyote within specified areas. Existing law generally provides that a violation of the fish and game laws is a crime.
This bill would require the use of nontoxic shot, as defined, when shooting or hunting in state wildlife management areas prohibit the possession or use of any shotgun shell loaded with anything other than nontoxic shot, as defined, when taking migratory game birds, resident small game, or nongame species under the authority of a hunting license within a wildlife management area, as defined . Under the bill, a person who violates that requirement would be guilty of an infraction punishable by a $500 fine for the first offense. Because the act would create a new crime, this bill would create a state-mandated local program.
The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.
This bill would provide that no reimbursement is required by this act for a specified reason.
Vote: majority. Appropriation: no. Fiscal committee: yes. State-mandated local program: yes.

All this does is create a larger beaurocracy, and more regulations and taxes ie; fines on law abiding people. At a time of finacial crisis in our economy, is this really prudent to spend legislative time on?

A further erosion of our 2a rights, and restictions on ammunition is leading the way to an ammunition ban.

Sincerely

Paul

Please Oppose this bill.

chris
04-07-2010, 1:40 PM
and there are those in the hunting community that say AB821 was a good thing. it was not. it was the camel's nose in the tent and look at it now. this crap.

otteray
04-08-2010, 5:41 AM
After they ban lead, it will soon be discovered that copper may be deadly, as well. I think that was alluded to in the Condor Ammo Ban.
Eventually, we all will be whittling wooden bullets.

dark45
04-08-2010, 6:24 AM
After they ban lead, it will soon be discovered that copper may be deadly, as well. I think that was alluded to in the Condor Ammo Ban.
Eventually, we all will be whittling wooden bullets.

out of the expensive California approved spatially treated wood

johnny_22
04-08-2010, 6:28 AM
Fax will be sent tonight, when I get home.

H Paul Payne
04-08-2010, 11:25 AM
<<<< Send this entire message, including yesterday's (included above (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4085157&postcount=1)), to all hunters and groups that you know >>>>

====================
UPDATED INFORMATION
====================

I received a call from John S************ from the CA Fish and Game Commission <<< at 0651hrs >>> stating that I shouldn't have posted the message to contact the commission on anything related to legislation, since (he claimed) the Commission can't take a position on legislation. I didn't bother explaining that I knew that the Commission often does take positions on pending legislation. In fact, they can act upon pending legislation in different ways. They can voice direct support or opposition of a bill, or (as in this instance) they can considering supporting/implementing regulations that has the same or similar affect as the legislation being discussed.

AB2223, or similar regulations, will ban the use of lead shot in State Wildlife Management Areas. See: http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?s...3&year=2010 (http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab2223&year=2010)

I explained that Commissioner Mike Sutton's actions have forced me to alert our members and rally them to action against any support for AB2223 and/or regulations that have a similar effect as AB2223. Mr. S************ was very clear that the result of my message would only "make the Fish & Game staff mad" because our messages are "overloading their Blackberrys."

After speaking with him for awhile, I agreed to post a "clarifying statement" everywhere that I posted my previous message. This entire message is that "clarifying statement".

POINTS TO REMEMBER:
1) Whether or not the CA Fish & Game Commission directly supports AB2223 as legislation or drafts regulations that has a similar effect, we must urge them to OPPOSE THE LEAD AMMO/SHOT BAN!
2) Please consider the statement of Mr. S************ regarding the email messages. He prefers that we contact their office via fax at (916) 653-5040 or email at fgc@fgc.ca.gov .
3) However you chose to contact the Commission, please make sure to ask that your comments are forwarded to each of the Commissioners and that they understand that you oppose the lead ammo/shot ban in any form.
4) Be polite when you speak with them.

As it stands now, the CA Fish & Game Commission will consider the adoption of regulations that have an effect that is similar to AB2223 sometime in the near future. Probably this Summer. We don't yet have the exact date, but will notify you when we get it.

ACTION REQUESTED:
1) Keep up the pressure. Call, write, fax, and email.
2) Be sure to ask that your comments are forwarded to each of the Commissioners and that they understand that you oppose the lead ammo/shot ban in any form.
3) Send this entire message to every hunter, gun owner, club, and sportsman that you know.

In my opinion, it's a great thing that our state employees are up and at work so they can make business calls before 7:00am on weekdays. I think he was he surprised when I answered his call! http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Paul

bwiese
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
This goes to show we can indeed have an effect, and the "politics of pain" can well be valid and useful.

" I think he was he surprised when I answered his call!http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif "

We aren't ;)

GuyW
04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
"...my message would only 'make the Fish & Game staff mad" because our messages are "overloading their Blackberrys.'"

Yeah, that's a failure on our part.

The messages should make them fear for their worthless bureaucrat jobs...

"...the "politics of pain" can well be valid and useful."

I love that tune...sing another verse...

loather
04-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Make the F&G staff mad? Poor babies. Here's a thought: Don't make hunters and other shooters mad by passing bogus laws and regulations based on junk science. The crap we have to deal with in this state is bad enough without DF&G making it harder.