PDA

View Full Version : Anyone keeping track of the HTC Incredible?

gorenut
04-06-2010, 2:05 PM
Since I wanna stay on Verizon.. I've been waiting patiently for my first jump into a "smart phone"

HTC Incredible seems like just around the corner. 8mp camera, 720p video recording, seems pretty hard to beat. I did flirt with the idea of waiting a lil longer for iPhone to be released on Verizon.. but currently this interests me more.

Bug Splat
04-06-2010, 2:09 PM
I've been watching and waiting in the shadows licking my chops. That phone just looks... well, incredible. Makes the Iphone look like a Fisher Price kids toy. My contract is up in August so I will be upgrading to it when it its up.

gorenut
04-06-2010, 2:28 PM
Yea, its supposed to come out like very very soon.. even as early as this week. I wonder how much it'll be with a renewed contract.

Bug Splat
04-06-2010, 2:51 PM
WOW that soon? I was thinking at least a month or two. Now I'm sad I have to wait so long while everyone else has fun :(

gorenut
04-06-2010, 3:22 PM
Well, its just rumors and still nothing has been set in stone - but there are already pictures of screenshots showing it ordered along with the kiosks that updates/transfers data from one phone to another having the Incredible on their list now.

gorenut
04-07-2010, 8:26 AM
As an update.. from what I've seen in rumors/news:
NexusOne and HTC Incredible are coming out this month.

Best Buy is reported to have HTC Incredible in stock on April 25th.

Corbin Dallas
04-07-2010, 8:45 AM
I think HTC is making a mistake limiting this to Verizon only.

For those who don'e know, check it out here.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Incredible-phone-p_4412.html

gorenut
04-07-2010, 4:15 PM
I think HTC is making a mistake limiting this to Verizon only.

For those who don'e know, check it out here.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Incredible-phone-p_4412.html

Well, i don't think its too big of a deal. They'll have some other model, named something else on other providers with similar specs. Also, its essentially a Nexus One with a souped up camera (this part actually appeals to me the most) and Sense UI.. other providers already have the NexusOne in line.

gorenut
04-08-2010, 8:18 AM
So now there is a more confirmed date of April 29th for its release.

The user guide is already outhttp://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/htc-incredible-user-guide-550x353.jpg

On a side note, I did kinda wish NexusOne had the same camera as the Incredible. I like the styling of NexusOne better, on top of it'll probably get the OS upgrades before every other phone.. being Google's phone and all. Not to mention when someone asks, "oh what phone is that?" - its way more neutral to say "NexusOne" vs "OH! ITS INCREDIBLE!"

Toast
04-08-2010, 8:50 AM
It looks cool but I dunno if I would want to cough up the money for the data plan.

wake5150
04-08-2010, 9:49 AM
Android OS is top notch. The Incredible has some horsepower. It will complement well. I currently have the Droid, and it is awesome, but may switch to the Incredible when released.