PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Brasil

RETAMS1
02-16-2006, 4:21 PM
Greetings to forum members. I am a long time lurker. Don't post because i usually see the answer required.

I am taking a trip to Brasil this coming aug. I have entertained the thought of possibly bringing back a Rossi Legacy in 454/45 L.C. caliber.Anyone have any idea how feasible/possible would this be. Thank you for your answers. Lou.

Charliegone
02-16-2006, 4:31 PM
No way can do my man. You cannot bring any weapon from any other country. If you live in Cali (I am assuming you do) you can't even bring a gun in from any other state! Maybe a long gun "might" be allowed but...it would be pretty difficult.

blacklisted
02-16-2006, 4:34 PM
I believe you would need an ATF import permit. I really don't know anything about it, but I'm sure someone here does.

I don't think this would work if you live in California though :(

-hanko
02-16-2006, 4:42 PM
Check the ATF website and look for (iirc) a Form 6. Fill in the form & send it in WELL in advance. You might be able to find an FFL who's imported weapons before. I'd call Rossi in Brasil & see if they can ship your gun to a distributor near you. With ATF approval and an FFL willing to do the transfer you should be set. Check the prk doj website just in case.

-hanko

Ironballs
02-16-2006, 5:09 PM
go to recife'
hehehehehehehehe

Fjold
02-16-2006, 6:23 PM
Bom Dia,

As a foreigner in Brazil you will not be able to purchase any guns there.

Ciao.

RETAMS1
02-16-2006, 6:47 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am from Cal. I have been wanking about this trip, so i figure i could make it a bit more memorable with the aquisition of that little rifle. I will check the ATF sites. The post about not being a citizen of Brasil i'm pretty sure is dead on. I haven't been there in 25 years so the laws problably have progressed just as much as our own dictactorship. Thank you all again. Lou.

Pablo
02-16-2006, 9:11 PM
Welcome to the boards and remember to take a lot of pics of those Brazilian hotties!!! :D

bu-bye
02-16-2006, 11:32 PM
If you are going with your wife or girlfriend try the wax, I hear its nice:D

Turbinator
02-17-2006, 5:47 AM
If you are going with your wife or girlfriend try the wax, I hear its nice:D

Hah hah! Did you recover quickly? :)

Turby

highlandr
02-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am from Cal. I have been wanking about this trip, so i figure i could make it a bit more memorable with the aquisition of that little rifle. I will check the ATF sites. The post about not being a citizen of Brasil i'm pretty sure is dead on. I haven't been there in 25 years so the laws problably have progressed just as much as our own dictactorship. Thank you all again. Lou.

Welcome to the forum, RETAMS1.

Was in Brazil for the first time two years ago, and it was Very memorable. Although frequent clashes occurred between the drug lords and the government/military police ("civil war") while I was there, I enjoyed the friendly people, fabulous food, and beautiful country, and am looking forward to my next opportunity to return.

Can only imagine how wonderful it would have been to experience that region 25 years ago!

/ :cool:

highlandr
02-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Addendum:
Needless to say, I never went anywhere without my Chicago Hunter.

/ :cool:

82a1
02-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the boards and remember to take a lot of pics of those Brazilian hotties!!! :D

+1!

Brazil is definitely on my list of places to go someday. From what I've heard, the woman there are sooooooo fine. Rio here I come! :D

double_action
02-17-2006, 12:19 PM
From what I've heard, the woman there are sooooooo fine. Rio here I come! :D

My ex-wife is from Brasil, Rio in fact. She was "hot" in many ways . . . man, did she have a temper!