PDA

View Full Version : It's time to go to Africa

Fjold
04-05-2010, 6:56 PM
Check out these deals!
With airfare, tips etc you could do this trip for $5 Grand!

KALAHARI / KARAS SPECIAL No. 2 (shared)
US$2750.00 each
18 Animals: 2 hunters, 1 Professional Hunter (9 Animals each) - 5 days
1 Kudu(Trophy), 3 Gemsbok(1 Trophy), 5 Springbok (1Trophy) for each Hunter.
Non-Hunter US$175.00 per day.

INCLUDED - License and trophy fees
- Services of a Professional Hunter, tracker, support staff and a 4x4 hunting vehicle
- Lodging, meals and daily laundry service
- Refreshments, local beer and wine in moderation
- Return transfer from relevant airport (preferably Upington, South Africa but Hosea Kotako Int, Winhoek, Namibia too) to camp
- Field preparation of trophies
NOT INCLUDED - Airfares and travel expenses prior to and after your hunt date
- Dip, pack & crate
- Trophy fees on additional animals taken,
- Shipping trophies to the U.S.
- Taxidermy

A better deal for 10 days in country:

SPECIAL TROPHY HUNT US$5995
11nights / 10 days, 12 - 15 animals
1 Kudu or 2 extra gemsbuck
4 Gemsbok
2 Springbok
1 Red Hartebeest or 2 extra gemsbok
1 Blesbuck
1 Hartmann's Zebra or 2 extra Gemsbok
1 Warthog or one extra Gemsbok
This package can be shared by 2 hunters for $3755/each.

That's the short & dirty version, please contact johma@iway.na for more info, any queries or to make your booking!
You can also visit the website indicated below for the 2010 price list, photos and more.

KALAHARI HUNTING SAFARIS
P.O. Box 139, Aroab, NAMIBIA
Tel / Fax +264 63 683 211
E-mail johma@iway.na
K H S Website

jmzhwells
04-05-2010, 7:00 PM
Refreshments, local beer and wine in moderation

Thats the deal breaker right there. Its a vacation, which means no moderation.
Thats good info, Im assuming u have used this service before, what a dream.

theseacow
04-05-2010, 7:02 PM
the whole taxidermy thing is what holds me back. I couldn't afford to get the mounts done.

Fjold
04-05-2010, 7:57 PM
the whole taxidermy thing is what holds me back. I couldn't afford to get the mounts done.

Take a lot of pictures and have just the horns shipped back to the states.

The box I had shipped from Namibia with:

Kudu Euro mount
Gemsbok Euro mount
Springbok Euro mount
Warthog Euro mount
Steenbok shoulder mount
Full zebra skin rug

Cost $350 to ship to the US and $400 to clear customs, F&G inspection etc. and I used a customs broker. You can clear it yourself if you live near enough to LAX and save about $200.

My full taxidermy bill was $1300. It would have been less than a grand but I had the shoulder mount of the Steenbok done because he made the SCI and Rowland Ward books.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/Africa/Wall1.jpg

G-Man WC
04-05-2010, 8:14 PM
Frank, About the firearms of choice that accompanying you on such a trip to Africa.
Is it true that your allowed only a certain number of rifles, (I want to say two) and you need to declare them in advance with serial numbers?

-gary

Fjold
04-05-2010, 8:41 PM
Frank, About the firearms of choice that accompanying you on such a trip to Africa.
Is it true that your allowed only a certain number of rifles, (I want to say two) and you need to declare them in advance with serial numbers?

-gary

Your outfitter will send you the Namibian firearms permit which you fill out and hand to the police inspector at the airport when you arrive. The cop at the airport is really polite and just asks you to pull the gun out and show him the serial numbers and that they match the form. It takes all of 2 minutes. The permit allows you to bring in two rifles and up to 11 Lbs of ammunition per person.

You will also need to get the US Customs Form 4457 filled out and signed by US Customs before you leave the country. This proves that you are not importing guns when you come back home. It also requires the serial numbers of the guns listed. You should have Form 4457s for all your valuable gear (cameras, computers, watches, etc) otherwise Customs can ask you to prove that you didn't buy them on the trip and make you pay duty on them.

luckystrike
04-05-2010, 8:48 PM
hello 25$ aks

lewdogg21
04-06-2010, 7:44 AM
MUST GO SOON!

duckman1
04-06-2010, 7:53 AM
We did it 3 years ago with the entire family and had a blast. Traveling with the firearms was pretty uneventful and worth the cost to have your own rifles to hunt with. We hunted the Otju area north central Namibia near the Etosha Park border. Even managed to survive getting charged by a bull elephant.

freonr22
04-06-2010, 7:56 AM
My brother went 2yrs ago. Kudu, zebra etc. Awesome !! It did take 1year for taxidermy arrival though. They provided rifles

popndrop
04-06-2010, 10:54 PM
is this a High-Fenced operation or Low?

That sounds like a great deal, either way. I guess our bad economy is hurting everybody.

Peter W Bush
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
WOW I NEVER thought a trip to Africa could be that cheap!!

G-Man WC
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
WOW I NEVER thought a trip to Africa could be that cheap!!

Never cheap, it's "less expensive" :rolleyes:
It sounds like a hell of a deal.
I'm thinking a 30-06, 7mm Mag would be about right for most medium sized game taken there if you did your part.
The second rifle needing a little more punch.

-g

Peter W Bush
04-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Never cheap, it's "less expensive" :rolleyes:
It sounds like a hell of a deal.
I'm thinking a 30-06, 7mm Mag would be about right for most medium sized game taken there if you did your part.
The second rifle needing a little more punch.

-g

Some places in Africa require a minimum caliber of .375 if I am not mistaken.

duckman1
04-07-2010, 7:26 AM
Much of the hunting in Namibia is high fence, the law in country is that the animals on the property belong to the landowner. Most of the hunting concessions are large enough that you will see a fence only when you enter the property and never on the hunt. I watched a full grown Kudu (horns and all) go thru a 12' high tension game fence like it wasn't there......It's definitely fair chase.

professionalcoyotehunter
04-07-2010, 7:31 AM
Sounds like I need to plan a trip sooner than I thought.

Big Jake
04-07-2010, 9:18 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun. How about a CG group tour? Think of all the elephant jerky you could make PCH! :rolleyes:

professionalcoyotehunter
04-07-2010, 9:34 AM
I am all for smoked elephant I just would not have the heart to kill one. Now Hyena jerky sounds delicious

Fjold
04-07-2010, 9:56 AM
is this a High-Fenced operation or Low?

That sounds like a great deal, either way. I guess our bad economy is hurting everybody.

This operation is on communal land in the far north west part of the country and is on over 100,000 acres of low/ unfenced land.

The 375 H&H minimum caliber requirements only apply for Dangerous Game hunting, Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Cape Buff, Hippo, etc